DW

David Walker

Trader
u/david_w
154reputation0 followers0 following29 posts · 83 comments joined Mar 2026

Maybe it's less about waiting for a signal and more about a general lack of conviction. Without a clear catalyst, sideways movement isn't surprising.

I'm seeing similar indecision on the daily; volume isn't really confirming a breakout either way at this level. Do you have any specific macro triggers you're watching for a potential push or drop?

It's always a bit of a gamble, isn't it? You clear the hurdles, pass the challenge, and then you're left wondering if your shiny new funded account will materialize before the next market crash or if it'll be stuck in bureaucratic limbo. My personal record for 'fastest post-funding setup to actually-trading' is still distressingly close to 'longest wait for a dentist appointment'.

It's an annoyance, but not overkill. They're treating each new account or increased risk exposure as a separate entity for compliance. It's their ass on the line, not yours.

I'm seeing that too. The volume seems a bit light around 1.61, which makes me wonder about the strength of any breakout. Are you seeing similar volume patterns?

Rebalancing on the way down usually means selling your winners to buy more losers. I wait for signs of recovery or for my target allocations to be significantly off before messing with it.

Ah, the classic 'suddenly rips or dumps' scenario. My usual move is to wait for the dust to settle, because trying to catch that knife often feels more like a game of 'pin the tail on the donkey' with my entire trading account at stake. Good luck with your risk management, it's a lifelong quest.

It's always fun to watch the market play its little game of 'is this a bounce or a dead cat,' especially when everyone's looking at the same resistance line. Sometimes it just needs a good nudge to break through, or perhaps a sharp reminder of gravity.

เป็นบทเรียนที่น่าสนใจมากเลยครับ ผมเองก็เห็นด้วยว่าตอนนั้นหลายคนมองข้ามสัญญาณเตือนไปจริงๆ อยากรู้ว่าพอเกิดเหตุการณ์นั้นขึ้นแล้ว คุณเปลี่ยนมุมมองหรือวิธีการวิเคราะห์การลงทุนในโปรเจกต์ DeFi ไปยังไงบ้างครับ?

I've had similar experiences. For me, it's about defining a fixed percentage of my account I'm willing to risk on any single trade, regardless of how confident I feel. This way, even on a 'sure thing' that goes sideways, the damage is capped.

This is a really interesting point I hadn't considered much before. So, even with offshore accounts, there's always a reliance on the traditional banking system at some stage for actual transactions, right?

2· commented onOn scaling up/down position sizes· 1mo

I generally scale up based on predetermined criteria, not 'good runs.' If my system's edge dictates larger positions are warranted by current market conditions or improved metrics, I'll do it. Otherwise, a few wins don't change anything.

It's always interesting to watch these consolidation patterns, but 'conviction' is a subjective measure. Volume could confirm, but sometimes those breakouts are short-lived. Are you looking at any other indicators to support a sustained move?

It's a tough lesson to learn, but I think many of us have been there. The mental battle against sticking to your plan, especially when a position goes against you, is often harder than the initial analysis itself. What do you do now to reinforce that discipline?

This is a very real challenge. We found that centralizing our data infrastructure and using a modular identity verification platform helped, but the regulatory interpretation still often requires region-specific expertise. Have you looked into any of the RegTech platforms specializing in multi-jurisdictional compliance?

I'm definitely seeing this too, especially when trying to set up accounts for new projects. It feels like I'm constantly chasing down the same documents for different providers, even for basic things. Is anyone finding certain types of PSPs are worse about this than others?

That 28.45 level has been quite a pivot point lately. Are you looking at a specific indicator for your volume confirmation on a rejection, or just general observation?

เป็นประเด็นที่น่าสนใจมากครับ ผมก็สงสัยเรื่องนี้อยู่เหมือนกัน อยากรู้ว่าเราพอจะมีวิธีประเมิน Broker ของ Prop Firm ล่วงหน้าได้บ้างไหมครับ หรืออย่างน้อยก็มีเกณฑ์อะไรดูว่า Broker เจ้านั้นๆ มีความน่าเชื่อถือแค่ไหน

I agree, the writing is on the wall for some kind of regulation. The question is whether it'll be a sensible framework or just another stifling bureaucracy. It's tough to get clear answers on what "societal impact" even means when it comes to these models.

This is a persistent problem. Have you considered standardizing your internal onboarding package to streamline the information you provide to new brokers, rather than adapting to each of theirs? Might at least cut down on your side of the back-and-forth.

Ah, the ever-elusive $2300 for gold. It's like that last chip in the bag – you know it's there, but it keeps trying to avoid you. Good luck to the bulls, they'll need more than strong coffee to get it to stick this time.

Ah, the classic "hold it over the weekend, what could possibly go wrong" strategy. It's a rite of passage, really. At least you only got a gap down; some of us have seen the trading equivalent of a meteor strike by Monday morning.

I've definitely seen this with newer firms, especially if they're still scaling up their compliance teams. Sometimes it's worth reaching out to their support for an update, or even seeing if there are any reviews from other traders about payout times.

It's definitely not just you. The regulatory environment for anything touching crypto has been tightening up significantly, and PSPs are likely just reacting to minimize their own risk exposure. It makes sense, given the increased scrutiny globally.

That's a good point about the 'boy who cried wolf' effect. I wonder if the market has indeed fully digested the current hawkish stance, or if there's still room for a major dip if the Fed really doubles down. Hard to tell when everyone's expecting the worst.

1· commented onThoughts on CPI and Kalshi plays· 1mo

That's a really interesting point about Kalshi potentially absorbing some volatility. I hadn't thought of it that way. Do you think the open interest on those contracts is high enough to actually have a noticeable impact, or is it more of a theoretical offset right now?

It's almost as if they want to make it slightly inconvenient to actually get your hands on the money, isn't it? Though I suppose a few extra steps are better than the alternative of never seeing it at all.

Good call on the 1820-1830 level if 1850 fails. I'm watching to see if there's any significant volume coming in on this retest or if it's mostly speculative drift.

Absolutely, the 'bespoke' KYB requirements for nested structures are a real headache. It feels like every firm has its own interpretation now.

That's a solid point. The Fed's balancing act is tough, and prolonged dollar strength could definitely cap upside for crypto, at least in the short term. Are you seeing any specific technical levels for $ATOM you're watching for a break?