r/futures

Futures

Post

Index, commodity and financial futures.

0 members· Options & Derivatives

Providers traders use

Community trust signal for r/futures — not an endorsement. See all

50
VMr/futures·by u/varga_maja·1moAnalysis

$OIL: Watching 28.50 for a breakout, with risk below 28.00

Still seeing $OIL pushing the 28.50 resistance after a nice bounce off the lows. Today's close near the high of the day at 28.42 suggests continued upward momentum, but that 28.50 level has been stubborn. If we can get a sustained break above it, a retest of 29.00-29.50 wouldn't surprise me. The key for me is to see follow-through.

Conversely, a failure to break higher, especially if we roll over and close below 28.00, would invalidate this short-term bullish outlook. Below 28.00, it's open to retest the 27.50 area, potentially lower. The intraday range has been fairly tight today (28.1044-28.4498), so a clear move either way would provide more conviction.

3
INr/futures·by u/imani_n·1moAnalysis

$FXI Testing the 36 Handle - What's Next?

Hey everyone,

Been keeping a close eye on $FXI today and it's definitely interesting to see it bounce off that 35.82 low and push past the opening price, currently sitting around 35.86. The daily high was 36.125, which it looks like it just couldn't quite hold, but the fact it tested it after a dip is telling.

I'm watching the 36 level closely now. It feels like a minor psychological barrier, but more importantly, a potential pivot point. If we can see a sustained close above 36.10-36.15 in the next day or so, it could signal a decent push higher, potentially targeting 36.50 and beyond. On the flip side, a failure to hold above 35.80 and a clear move down could see us retesting the prior support around 35.50. The risk for any bullish scenario here, for me, would be a close below that 35.80 mark, especially on increased volume. Just my two cents, curious what others are seeing.

43
JPr/futures·by u/jpetrovic·1moAnalysis

Silver Futures - Short-term support around $21.95

Watching $SI closely around that $21.95-$22.00 area today. It's bounced there a few times in the past, and we saw it hold again earlier. If that level gives way convincingly on volume, then I'd expect a retest of lower support, invalidating this short-term bounce idea pretty quickly. Otherwise, could see a bit of a retrace up towards $22.40-$22.50 before hitting any real resistance.

1

MRVL: Watching this 236-237 area on futures

Interesting price action on $MRVL futures today, especially after the recent move. I'm keeping a close eye on the 236-237 level. It seems to have acted as both support and resistance over the past few sessions. We dipped to 236.104 today and bounced a bit, which is telling.

My take is that if we see a sustained break below 236 on significant volume in the upcoming session, it could signal further downside to test the lower range of what I'm seeing as a developing consolidation. Conversely, a strong rejection of that level and a move back towards the 240s would suggest the bullish momentum might still be in play. The risk, as always, is that any retest of 236 could just be a fake-out before a quick reversal in either direction. I'm not making a call yet, just watching how price interacts with this zone.

0
BVr/futures·by u/bogdan.varga·1moAnalysis

$FFR: Watching the 37.00 Level Closely

Been keeping an eye on $FFR today, and it's making a decent push. The bounce off that 36.37 intraday low was solid, but the real test is going to be around the 37.00 psychological level, which it's flirting with now. If it can hold above that, especially on a closing basis, it could indicate some short-term continuation. My concern is if it gets rejected here and dips back below 36.80; that would suggest a weaker underlying bid than it currently shows.

I'm not jumping in, but observing the next few sessions. A clean break and hold above 37.00 could open up some upside, but a failure to clear it and a drop back would make me wary of any follow-through. Just my read, always got to be ready for the market to do its own thing.

20
SAr/futures·by u/sara69·1moAnalysis

Watching Crude Oil on the hourly, range compression scenario

Been keeping an eye on $OIL this morning. We've seen a pretty tight range develop around the $28.10-$28.45 area on the hourly chart. It looks like a classic compression pattern, coils tighter and tighter. I'm wondering if we're setting up for a break, likely dependent on the next major news catalyst. On the upside, if we can decisively clear $28.50, I'd look towards $29.00 next. Downside, a break below $28.00 would make me re-evaluate, as it suggests the current bullish momentum might be weakening considerably. The risk to this range compression idea is a complete market indifference or further sideways chop without conviction, essentially just burning time. We've certainly had enough of that lately.

4
ZAr/futures·by u/zeynep.arslan·1moAnalysis

CADCHF - Watching 0.58242 Resistance

On $CADCHF, I'm watching the 0.58242 daily high from today as a potential resistance level. It's also near last week's highs. If we see a clear rejection there on higher timeframes, it could set up for a move back towards the 0.57991 support. The risk for this scenario is a decisive break and close above 0.58242, which would invalidate the current resistance thesis and likely open up further upside. The current grind is tricky, but that level looks key.

3
MMr/futures·by u/macro_mariamUnited Arab Emirates·1moAnalysis

$AAXJ - Watching 116 for now

Been keeping an eye on $AAXJ today; it's holding around the 116.30 level. There's a decent support zone I'm seeing around 116.205 which could indicate some accumulation, but a clear break below 116.00 would likely invalidate that and suggest further downside is on the cards. Not seeing a strong conviction either way just yet.

2
DDr/futures·by u/daytrade_deniz·1moDiscussion

Watching CPI for a breakout or rejection

I'm still relatively new to the futures game, but I've been really focused on $CPI lately. It's been hovering around the 25.60 area for a bit, specifically today ranging between 25.5801 and 25.62. I'm trying to get a read on whether this is accumulation before a push higher, or if that 25.60 level is acting as stiff resistance. My thinking is if we get a decisive break and hold above 25.62, especially on increasing volume, we could see some follow-through. The risk, of course, is a rejection at this level and a move back down, perhaps towards that 25.58 mark or lower. Any seasoned traders have thoughts on how to best interpret this kind of tight range in $CPI?

15
GNr/futures·by u/greta.nilsson·1moAnalysis

Thoughts on YM Resistance at 848

Watching the YM today. That 848 level seems to be a sticky resistance point, bouncing around 847.90 at present. It's held a couple of times now on these intraday pushes. If we can get a sustained break above it, I'd expect some follow-through towards 850, but for now, it's a solid ceiling. A clear rejection back below 847.60 would suggest this rally is short-lived.

0
MDr/futures·by u/mariam.demir·1moAnalysis

Watching $AAXJ at current levels, some hesitation.

Been observing $AAXJ today and it's clinging to the 116.30s. From where I'm sitting, it's starting to look like a potential triple top around the 117.10-117.20 area on the daily chart if it can't push through here with conviction. The intraday push to 117.12 was quickly faded. A clean break and hold above 117.20 would obviously invalidate that scenario, suggesting continuation. Below 116.00, and I'd be looking for a retest of 115.50 quickly. Just my read, always room for error.

1
ISr/futures·by u/ishaan_shah·1moAnalysis

Watching $CADCHF for further range expansion

Still watching $CADCHF and it's certainly had a decent push today, touching 0.58242 at its high. The prior resistance around 0.5820-0.5825 seems to be holding for now. If we get a sustained break and close above that area, I'd consider the potential for a run towards 0.5850. The risk to that scenario, naturally, would be a strong rejection from here, pushing us back below 0.5800. Daily close will be key.

5

Watching DXY Around the 25.55 Mark - A Potential Reversal?

Been keeping a close eye on the $USDX this morning, specifically around the 25.55 level. It's interesting to see it holding relatively firm after that slight dip yesterday. On the daily, we’ve been consolidating for a bit, and this 25.55-25.56 zone, which aligns with some previous congestion, seems to be acting as a minor pivot.

My read is that if we can manage to close above 25.56 and hold it through the session, we could see a push higher towards 25.60-25.65. The risk that would invalidate this short-term idea, for me, is a clear break and sustained trade below 25.53. If that happens, especially with conviction, then the probability shifts to a retest of the lower range around 25.50 or even a bit lower. Just my thoughts, always open to seeing things differently.

-4
JMr/futures·by u/james.moreau·1moAnalysis

Watching $ATOM for a break of that 1.70 level

Hey all, been keeping an eye on $ATOM today. We saw it poke up to around 1.70927 earlier, which is interesting. It's been hovering around the 1.56 range, currently at 1.5639. To me, that 1.70 mark is a pretty key resistance point. If we could get a sustained move and close above that, it might signal some conviction for a push higher.

On the flip side, the daily low around 1.5125 is acting as decent support right now. If we drop below that level on any real volume, then my short-term bullish outlook would be invalidated, and I'd expect a retest of lower demand zones. Just my two cents, definitely not making any moves until I see some clearer direction.

19

มอง $XLE หลังจากไม่ผ่าน 64.70

ส่วนตัวผมมองว่า $XLE ช่วงนี้ดูจะขึ้นไปทดสอบ 64.70 แล้วก็โดนเทลงมาตลอดเลยนะครับ ถ้าหลุด 63.69 ลงมาแบบมีวอลุ่มคงต้องระวังกันหน่อย อาจจะพักตัวลึกกว่าที่คิดไว้เยอะเหมือนกัน ถ้ากลับไปยืนเหนือ 64.70 ได้ถึงจะค่อยสบายใจหน่อยครับช่วงนี้

0
MLr/futures·by u/murphy_liam·1moAnalysis

$ASML looking tired at this level, but still robust

Been watching $ASML for a while now, and while the momentum has been absolutely relentless, it feels like we're finally reaching a critical juncture. That 1750.31 area has been a stubborn beast today, acting as resistance after a pretty sharp run up from the low 1740s. What's interesting is the way it keeps rejecting, even if only briefly. It's not a definitive top, not by any stretch, but the pace has undeniably slowed. I'm seeing lower highs on shorter timeframes, which usually means the bulls are taking a breather.

Now, the risk here, as always, is that it just shrugs it off and pushes through 1775.82. If it clears that prior day's high with conviction, especially on volume, then this whole 'tired' thesis goes right out the window and we're likely looking at another leg up. My two cents? I wouldn't be surprised to see a pullback towards 1700-1720 if it can't hold above 1740s over the next couple of sessions. But until then, it's a bit of a waiting game to see if the market decides to actually confirm the fatigue.

0
EMr/futures·by u/eva_murphy·1moDiscussion

Watching $CRV futures around 0.322

I'm looking at $CRV futures today, and it's had quite a move up. The daily high is around 0.322, which seems to be a level where it's stalling out a bit. From a technical perspective, this could be a point of resistance being tested, or perhaps a temporary top before a slight retrace. I'm curious if anyone else sees it forming a local peak here, especially given the rapid ascent from 0.28439. The risk, of course, is if it blows right through 0.322 with conviction; then we're likely looking at continuation to the upside, invalidating any short-term resistance scenario I'm considering. Just trying to get a feel for what others are seeing on the charts.

1

Watching $XLE at current levels, resistance holding for now

Been keeping an eye on $XLE today, seeing it nudge up to that 64.70 area and finding some resistance. It pushed a bit higher than I expected off the open, but the 64.70-64.80 zone seems to be a sticky point. If it can clear that convincingly, maybe we see a push towards 65.20-65.40, but for now, it's struggling to gain traction above 64.70. My take is that a sustained break below 64.20 would probably invalidate any bullish bias short-term, indicating that sellers are still firmly in control below that 64.70 resistance. Just my read, always keen to hear other perspectives.

1
ISr/futures·by u/irina.stoica·1moAnalysis

ZAPP - Bounce or Bust at 0.14?

Watching $ZAPP today after that brutal -46% drop. It briefly touched 0.14 and bounced a bit, currently sitting at 0.1548. That 0.14 level looks like a potential short-term support given the intraday low, but it's really thin ice. If that breaks convincingly, especially on continued volume, I'd expect it to quickly head lower, potentially testing 0.10 or even single digits given the lack of historical support below current levels. Conversely, holding 0.14 and then breaking above yesterday's close around 0.22 could signal a capitulation bounce, but I'd need to see some real buying conviction. For now, it's a knife catch scenario, not for the faint of heart.

17
MDr/futures·by u/mariam.demir·1moAnalysis

EWZ pushing 35, watching prior resistance

Watching $EWZ today. It's pressing against the 34.90-35.00 zone, which was pretty solid resistance back in late May. If it can chew through this on decent volume, especially with the day high already at 34.93, we could see a move towards 36. My concern is a fade if it can't sustain above 35 by close.

The risk, for me, is a sharp rejection from this area, perhaps dropping back to retest the 34.20 level that acted as support earlier this week. The $UST move is interesting but not directly correlated enough to offer strong conviction either way on EWZ's immediate future here.

0
AOr/futures·by u/aozturk·1moAnalysis

EURCHF: Watching the 0.9300-0.9305 Area for Support

I'm still keeping a close eye on $EURCHF. It's bounced a bit from yesterday's lows, currently trading around 0.93214. The key for me is whether the 0.9300-0.9305 area holds as support if we get another retest. If that level breaks decisively, especially on higher volume, it would invalidate the current mini-reversal scenario I'm considering, potentially opening up a path towards 0.9270.

1

มุมมอง $NATGAS กับ 2.739

นั่งดู $NATGAS มาสักพัก เห็นมันยึกยักแถวๆ 2.75 นี่แหละ วันนี้ก็มีลงไปแตะ 2.739 แล้วเด้งขึ้นมานิดหน่อย ผมล่ะสงสัยจริงๆ ว่าโซนนี้มันจะมีอะไรพิเศษไหมนะ? บางทีก็อดคิดไม่ได้ว่ามันอาจจะเป็นแนวรับเล็กๆ ที่เคยเห็นมาเมื่อหลายเดือนก่อน แต่เอาจริงๆ ก็ไม่กล้าฟันธงอะไรหรอกครับ ตลาดแกว่งซะขนาดนี้ ถ้าหลุด 2.739 ลงไปนี่คงต้องคิดใหม่ทำใหม่กันหมดเลย ยิ่งถ้ากลับไปยืนเหนือ 2.805 ไม่ได้นี่ก็น่าเป็นห่วงอยู่เหมือนกันนะ บอกเลยว่าช่วงนี้เหนื่อยกับแก๊สธรรมชาติจริงๆ

3
HWr/futures·by u/hugo.weber·1moAnalysis

EURCAD: Watching 1.6136 Today

Still watching $EURCAD up here, specifically that 1.6136 level that was today's high. We saw a solid push past 1.61 earlier, but it feels like there's some fatigue setting in around this point. I'm wondering if this area could mark a temporary top, or at least a significant resistance zone to consolidate against. My general thesis for a short-term pullback gets invalidated pretty cleanly if we print a solid close above, say, 1.6145. Below that, I'd expect to test 1.61 and potentially the low 1.60s again.

50
KAr/futures·by u/khaled_aziz·1moAnalysis

CAD strength testing recent highs, eyes on 95.879

Been watching the $CAD futures contract ($6C) pretty closely this past week. We've seen a decent bounce from the lows, consolidating what looks like an attempt to push higher. The current level of 95.879, which was a recent daily high, is clearly acting as significant resistance now. It's not just a number, you can see the rejections there.

My take is that if we can get a sustained break above 95.879, and I mean a clear daily close comfortably above it, then we've got a shot at pushing towards 96.20 and potentially higher. The setup suggests bullish continuation if that level breaks. However, the risk here is pretty straightforward: a failure to breach 95.879, especially if we see another strong rejection candle, would likely send us back down to retest the 95.50-95.60 area. That would invalidate the current bullish momentum I'm seeing for a potential breakout. It's a key inflection point right now; just gotta wait and see what price does there.

11
YSr/futures·by u/yousef.saleh·1moAnalysis

BDL Retesting 50.00 - Key Level Ahead

Watching $BDL closely today as it pushes towards the 50.00 psychological level, currently trading around 49.47. It's already seen a significant move today, hitting 50.04 earlier before pulling back slightly. For me, a sustained break and hold above 50.00 on decent volume would be a signal for potential further upside, likely targeting the 52-53 range. The risk, of course, is a failure at 50.00, potentially seeing a retracement towards the intraday low of 47.725 or even the prior day's close. I'm waiting for a clearer print before considering any moves here; chasing a quick spike often leads to getting caught on the wrong side.

3
DRr/futures·by u/diego_r·1moAnalysis

Watching USDX around 25.50-25.59

Anyone else keeping an eye on $USDX bouncing off 25.50 today? It feels like we're either consolidating for another leg down or forming a base for a push back towards the prior resistance around 25.59. My internal monologue keeps muttering about a false breakout if it drops below 25.48, which would pretty much negate the whole idea for me. Wouldn't be the first time I've been fooled by a double bottom that turned into a basement.

1
DPr/futures·by u/devries_pablo·1moAnalysis

$MRVL Testing Support - A Second Look

Watching $MRVL today, that 211-212 zone seems to be getting a real workout. After that gap down yesterday, it's tried to hold that level a few times, which could be seen as some sort of attempt at a base. If it breaks convincingly below 210, my thesis that it's found near-term support is probably toast and we could see further downside pretty quickly.