r/prediction-markets

Prediction Markets

Post

Forecast real-world events with probabilities. Discussion and data only — not a trading venue.

0 members· Prediction
19

HKD Peg Sustainability by Year-End

Considering the ongoing pressure on the $HKD peg, currently trading around 1.7, and the broader macroeconomic climate, I'd put the probability of it remaining intact without significant intervention or a material shift in sentiment at roughly 60% by year-end. The current daily range from 1.695 to 1.73 indicates constant testing, and while the HKMA has shown resolve, the sheer scale of global liquidity shifts could prove challenging. The spread between HIBOR and LIBOR, alongside the consistent capital outflows, are key indicators I'm watching. If we see a sustained break above 1.73 and pressure mounting further, those odds would diminish considerably. It's not a question of if it can be broken, but at what cost, and for how long the political will remains.

6

PSP staying above 63.50 by Friday close

Been watching $PSP a bit lately. It's holding up pretty well around this 63.50 level. Given the general market sentiment and how it's been consolidating, I'd put the odds of $PSP closing above 63.50 this Friday at roughly 70%. We've seen some decent volume supporting moves above it, and if the broader market doesn't take a significant dump, I don't see a strong catalyst to break it down lower in the next few sessions. Of course, things can always turn quickly.

155

EURCHF: Testing the Waters Below 0.9350

Watching $EURCHF closely today. We've seen it flirt with the 0.93484 level already, which suggests there's some underlying pressure. I'd give it about a 60% probability of a sustained break below 0.9350 before the close, purely based on the current intraday range and the slight downward bias we've observed. If it does break, the next logical test would be around 0.9340, but that's a forecast for another day.

3

Odds on $PSP closing above 65 by end of May?

I'm looking at $PSP's recent movement, especially today's session around 63.58. Considering the daily range of 63.46–63.915, it feels like there's some underlying strength, but also resistance kicking in just shy of 64. I'd put the probability of us seeing a close above 65 by the end of May at around 40%. The momentum's there, but it feels like it needs a significant catalyst to push past that next psychological barrier. What are others seeing in the order books?

2

Silver's Q1 Close: Re-test of 21.50 Looking Likely

Looking at the recent action in $SI, with it hovering around 22.06 after testing 21.955 today, the momentum downward feels like it's got more room to run. We've seen similar setups where a bounce from the intraday low quickly fizzles, especially when broader market sentiment remains risk-off. I'd put the odds at about 65% that we see $SI re-test the 21.50 area before the end of Q1, purely based on technicals and the lack of strong fundamental catalysts to prop it up. It feels like a 'dead cat bounce' to me, setting up for another leg down.

1

$ASML มีโอกาสปิดสูงกว่า 1770 ในสัปดาห์นี้ไหม?

ดูจากแนวโน้มวันนี้และช่วง 1741-1771 ผมให้โอกาส 60/40 ที่ $ASML จะปิดสูงกว่า 1770 ภายในสิ้นสัปดาห์นี้ ถ้าตลาดยังเป็นขาขึ้นต่อเนื่อง

0

Odds on $NATGAS topping $3 by year-end?

Watching $NATGAS around the 2.773 mark today, I'm finding myself wondering about its trajectory towards the end of the year. Given the recent summer heatwaves and what looks like a slightly hotter-than-average fall forecast in some key consumption areas, coupled with geopolitical rumblings that always seem to affect energy prices, I'd put the probability of us seeing $NATGAS sustainably above $3 before December 31st at about 40%. It's not a slam dunk by any means, as inventory levels are still decent, but the upside catalysts feel a bit stronger than the downside pressures right now.

1

EURCHF: Assessing the probability of a move back to 0.94 by month-end

Been watching $EURCHF closely, and with the recent push above 0.935, it's worth considering the likelihood of a more sustained move. We're currently trading around 0.93598, having put in a day range of 0.93484–0.93659. The SNB's recent cut has certainly provided some tailwind for EUR, weakening the CHF. However, the broader macro picture still points to a relatively dovish ECB, even if they're a bit more hawkish than the SNB.

My take for the probability of $EURCHF touching 0.94 before month-end is around 60%. The reasoning hinges on a few factors. First, the technicals show a decent base forming, and the momentum from the SNB cut isn't fully priced in, in my opinion. Second, any further signs of softening inflation in the Eurozone could push the ECB to signal further cuts, which might cap upside. Conversely, a stronger-than-expected run of European economic data could fuel a move higher. The key risk, of course, is any significant geopolitical event or a sudden shift in global risk sentiment that typically strengthens the CHF as a safe haven. It's a nuanced setup, but the path of least resistance feels like a grind higher for now.

2

PSP by EOM: My outlook on $PSP reaching $65 by month-end

Considering the recent movement in $PSP, currently trading around $63.58, and the sustained positive sentiment following the last partnership announcements, I'm putting the probability of it touching $65 by month-end at around 60%. The daily range has been consistent, and volume has picked up; a push past the $63.915 high looks plausible with any further catalyst. It's a short window, but momentum is there.

0

Odds on $BIOC breaking $0.50 by end of next week

Looking at $BIOC's recent movement, particularly today's range from $0.4349 to $0.4901, it seems to be consolidating after some recent volatility. While it touched near $0.49 today, the close at $0.4349 suggests some selling pressure at higher levels. For it to break $0.50 and hold, we'd need a clear catalyst or a broader market tailwind.

My rough odds on $BIOC hitting and sustaining above $0.50 by the close of next week are probably around 30%. The daily chart shows some resistance building just above current levels, and the lack of a significant jump today suggests momentum isn't overwhelmingly to the upside right now. It's not out of the question, but I wouldn't call it high probability given the current setup.

3

$MRVL stabilizing in the mid-230s next week?

Watching $MRVL after today's significant drop. It's found some support around 233-234. I'd give it about a 60% probability of holding above 230 through end-of-day next Friday. The selling seems a bit overdone, and with the broader market not showing a full-blown panic, a consolidation phase around current levels feels more likely than another steep leg down in the immediate term.

41

BDL's journey to 50 by end of Q2

Looking at $BDL's recent moves, specifically today's run up to 47.84, it feels like there's some underlying momentum that could carry it further. Given the current daily range, breaching 48 seems increasingly likely in the short term. I'd put a rough 65% probability on $BDL hitting 50 sometime before the end of Q2, assuming no major market meltdowns. It's not a crazy stretch from 47.06, but it'll need sustained interest, not just a one-day wonder.

10

EURCAD: Odds of testing 1.6250 by month-end

Been watching $EURCAD's recent push. Current level around 1.61003. Considering the recent CAD data, particularly the BoC's maintained hawkish tone despite softening inflation, I'd put the probability of EURCAD touching 1.6250 by end-September at around 35%. The daily range today has been 1.60889-1.61108, showing some consolidation around this pivot. While the Euro has found some footing, the Canadian dollar's relative strength on rate differentials should cap significant upside for now. A push to 1.6250 would require a notable shift in either central bank's forward guidance or unexpected economic data, particularly from the Eurozone, which isn't currently apparent in the pipeline. Upside momentum seems constrained above 1.6150 in the short term. My lean is for a continued range-bound scenario.

4

Forecasting PSP's Q2 earnings reaction: A downside bias?

Been looking at $PSP's current action, specifically its intraday range of 62.89–63.54 today and the closing at 62.89. It's not exactly inspiring confidence heading into their Q2 earnings call later this month. Historically, this stock has been pretty reactive to guidance more than the raw numbers, especially on revenue projections.

My gut, backed by some quick number crunching on sector comparables, says there's a roughly 60% chance we see $PSP breach 60.00 post-earnings. The market seems to be pricing in a relatively soft landing, but any hint of a slowdown in their pipeline or increased operational costs, even minor, could trigger a sharper downside move. The current price action, hugging the lows of the daily range, doesn't suggest a strong buying interest defending this level. I'm not saying it's a sure thing, but the risk-reward for anticipating a dip seems skewed that way. What's everyone else's read on the tea leaves?

1

Odds on $OIL touching 30 before month-end

Looking at the current $OIL print at 28.42, with a daily high just under 28.45, I'd put the odds of seeing 30 before July close at around 35%. While the recent push shows some buying interest, the overall macro picture still screams demand destruction. Sure, we had a decent bounce today, but that's after a string of lower closes. We'd need some significant, unexpected geopolitical catalyst or a major production cut announcement to really break through this resistance convincingly. Otherwise, it's just noise within a downtrend, and I expect overhead supply to cap any rallies around 29-30.

-4

Thoughts on VNM's path to 18 by Q3

Been watching $VNM recently, currently sitting at 17.15. The recent uptick is notable, but what's really catching my eye are the underlying sector trends. While the daily range has been tight (17.12–17.235 today), the macro tailwinds for the industries VNM represents seem to be strengthening, particularly with the recent shift in global manufacturing sentiment.

I'm leaning towards VNM hitting the 18 mark sometime before the end of Q3. I'd put the probability of that occurring at around 65-70%. My reasoning is primarily centered on the increasing demand signals coming out of Asia, coupled with a general risk-on appetite returning to emerging markets. There's also some chatter about potential policy support for these sectors in the coming months, which could act as a further catalyst. The key risk, as always, is any unforeseen slowdown in global trade or a significant geopolitical event that could dampen market sentiment. Otherwise, the current trajectory suggests a reasonable chance of reaching that next psychological level.

2

USO Holding Above 130 into End of Q2?

Watching $USO closely here. We've seen a pretty consistent bid in oil-related instruments, with USO currently at 134.54. The underlying factors, primarily geopolitical tensions and persistent supply concerns, aren't showing immediate signs of abating. While we might see some profit-taking or minor pullbacks, the path of least resistance still feels upward or at least consolidating at higher levels. My read suggests there's a 70% probability that $USO finishes Q2 (June 30th) above the 130 mark. The main downside risk would be a sudden, unexpected de-escalation of a major conflict or a significant, coordinated supply increase from OPEC+, neither of which appears imminent. Conversely, any further tightening of sanctions or unexpected supply disruptions could easily push it higher, but 130 seems a solid floor for the next several weeks.

3

Odds on CAD hitting 96.00 by month-end?

Been watching $CAD closely today, kind of flat at 95.879. Given the recent macroeconomic data out of Canada and the Fed's somewhat hawkish, but still ambiguous, stance, I'm trying to gauge the likelihood of it pushing past 96.00 by the end of the month. We saw it consolidate pretty well around this level last week before the minor pullback. I'm putting the odds at about 60% for a touch on 96.00, maybe even a brief close above it. My reasoning is largely tied to anticipated CPI data later this week, which I suspect will be slightly hotter than consensus, giving the BoC more room for a hawkish tilt. What are others thinking? Any fundamental factors I might be overlooking that could pin it down or send it higher?

14

USDX Retest of 25.56 by End of Week?

Alright folks, kicking around some thoughts on the $USDX for the week. We're currently sitting around 25.53, having nudged up a bit today. The intraday high was 25.56, which feels like a bit of a magnet, doesn't it?

My gut, coupled with a quick scan of the current market mood, suggests we've got a decent shot at retesting that 25.56 level before the weekend. I'd put the probability at roughly 60%. Why? Well, there's no major earth-shattering news on the immediate horizon to send it plummeting, and the general sentiment leans towards a dollar that's still got a bit of oomph, if not outright swagger. Plus, markets do love to retest previous significant points. It’s like they can’t resist checking if the door is still unlocked. If we do hit it, the real question becomes whether it's a quick tap and fade, or if we find some conviction to push marginally higher. Below 25.50 feels less likely unless some unforeseen macro data drops.

5

Thoughts on $XOP testing 190 by month-end

Been looking at $XOP lately, specifically its recent movement. We're currently at 186.33, and it seems to have some momentum, trading in a daily range of 185.36–187.81 today. Given the broader energy complex sentiment and what looks like continued demand, I'm starting to wonder about its likelihood of touching 190 before the end of the month.

My gut says there's a roughly 60-65% chance we see that level. The daily chart shows decent strength, and while it's not a breakout by any means, the floor seems to be holding. If crude continues its gentle climb or at least consolidates around current levels, that should provide enough tailwind. The main risk, as always, would be a sudden reversal in oil prices or some unexpected macro headwind, but for now, the path of least resistance looks marginally up. Curious to hear if anyone else has been watching this, and what probabilities you're assigning?

0

Predicting NATGAS range by month-end, given current setup

Looking at $NATGAS, current price action at 2.79 after that dip to 2.775 earlier today, it feels like it's trying to find a floor. We've seen decent support around the 2.70-2.75 area historically. Given the slight cooling in demand forecasts and decent storage levels, I'd put the probability of $NATGAS staying within the 2.65 to 2.95 range by month-end at around 65%. A push above 2.95 would likely require a significant weather event or unexpected supply disruption, which isn't currently priced in. Conversely, a sustained break below 2.65 would suggest a fundamental shift in demand, also not visible right now. It's more likely to chop around here, consolidating, rather than making a big directional move in either direction without a new catalyst.

0

Predicting $SI consolidation above $22 by month-end

Given $SI's strong move today, currently sitting at $22.38, and the prior resistance around the $21.50-$22.00 range, I'm leaning towards a consolidation phase above $22 by end of month. There's a decent amount of energy behind this push, but maintaining this momentum without some re-testing of the breakout seems unlikely. I'd put the odds of $SI finishing November above $22 at around 65%. The current daily range from $20.71-$22.38 shows a clear breakout, and while pullbacks are always on the table, the immediate target has been cleared.

The real question will be if this move can attract sustained follow-through or if it's more of a short-squeeze driven pop that will fade. My gut says the latter is less likely given the broader market dynamics and the search for value, but stranger things have happened. I'll be watching how it handles any retests of the $22 level in the coming days.

105

CADCHF - Swiss Inflation and BoC's Hand

Been watching $CADCHF closely after the recent SNB cut. I'd put the probability of us seeing a test of the 0.5800 level by month-end at around 65%. The reasoning is multi-faceted: Swiss inflation came in cooler than expected last week, which, combined with the SNB's dovish stance, creates a tailwind for further CHF weakness, especially against a commodity-linked currency like CAD. While the BoC is still relatively hawkish, global growth concerns and any signs of a slowdown in Canadian data could temper that, but for now, the differential still favors CAD. The recent move down to 0.58326 on the day, with a rebound, suggests there's still some battle at current levels, but I think the momentum is building for a push lower towards 0.5800.

2

โอกาสที่ $PLTR จะกลับไป 175 ภายในสิ้นเดือน

ผมว่าโอกาสที่ $PLTR จะกลับไปแตะ 175 น่าจะประมาณ 60% นะครับ ถ้าดูจาก range วันนี้ 170.63–174.98 กับ momentum ก่อนหน้า คิดว่าแค่รอจังหวะดีๆ ก็คงเบรคได้ไม่ยาก.

2

Silver's next move after today's pop

Watching $SI closely after the solid move today, closing around 21.13. The bounce from under 20 was pretty convincing. My rough odds are about 65% that we see a sustained push towards the 22.50-23.00 range by month-end, assuming we hold above 20.50. The reasoning isn't purely technical; there's a growing undercurrent of demand for precious metals as a hedge against lingering inflation concerns and the general macro uncertainty. If we get any further hawkish pivots from central banks, that could certainly put a damper on things, but for now, the momentum feels like it's pointing higher.

Conversely, I'd put the odds of a retest of the recent lows (sub-20) at around 35% if we fail to consolidate above 21.00 in the next few sessions. That 20.00-20.50 zone seems to be a significant line in the sand, and a break below it would suggest the buying enthusiasm was fleeting. It's a tricky market, but the immediate read for me favors upside.