r/options

Options Trading

Post

Options strategies, greeks, volatility.

0 members· Options & Derivatives
12
KKr/options·by u/kavya_k·1moAnalysis

$SSE volatility and potential bounce

Seeing $SSE at 0.1567 today, after a significant dip, I'm eyeing the 0.15 level as a potential support. If it holds there, we might see a bounce play, but a sustained break below 0.15 would likely invalidate that scenario and open up further downside. The options market here could be interesting for defined-risk plays.

1
EVr/options·by u/eva34·1moAnalysis

SAP - Watching that 196 area resistance

Been keeping an eye on $SAP today. Solid move, clearly a lot of interest around the earnings. What I'm looking at now is the 196ish level. It bounced off 195.8 earlier today, which isn't a hard resistance, but if you look back, it's been a sticky spot. For those playing options, it feels like this is where we'll either see some profit-taking or a real push for a breakout. If it clears and holds above 196.5-197 convincingly on higher volume, then the short-term calls could definitely see some juice. However, a rejection from this level, say back down towards 194, would likely trap some of the late buyers and might lead to a quick retest of the opening levels from this morning. Just my read, but that 196-197 zone is key right now.

16
VSr/options·by u/vsiddiqui·1moAnalysis

Watching CORN's Recent Bounce and Gamma Exposure

Been keeping an eye on $CORN futures today, specifically after that bounce from the 17.525 area. It's now hovering around 17.93, making a new daily high. What's interesting to me is the potential for gamma effects playing out here. We've seen some pretty aggressive selling into these levels over the past few weeks, and as price starts to recover, particularly if it pushes past that 18.00 mark, we could see some short-dated calls coming into play, forcing market makers to buy the underlying to delta hedge. That could provide some tailwind for a sustained move.

However, it's not a slam dunk. The primary risk I'm watching is a failure to hold this 17.90-18.00 region. If we retrace significantly and break back below, say, 17.70, it would invalidate the current momentum play I'm seeing from the option side. A significant downturn could indicate that any gamma squeeze is short-lived, or that the underlying selling pressure is still too strong. It's a tricky market, and while the bounce today is encouraging, I'm staying cautious and watching for confirmation.

6
TOr/options·by u/torThailand·1moAnalysis

$NG approaching 6.00, eyeing prior resistance

Watching $NG closely as it nudges 6.00 today. We've seen rejection around this level before, so it's a critical zone for potential sellers to step in. A clear break and hold above 6.05 would invalidate that prior resistance scenario, suggesting a move towards higher targets. Conversely, a rejection here could see it retest the 5.70 area.

1
GLr/options·by u/goldbug_lena·1moAnalysis

Thoughts on CSPR's recent volatility and options implications

Been watching $CSPR lately, particularly with its range between 6.605 and 6.785 today. It's been pretty constrained, which usually makes for less interesting options plays on the short-term expiration side, unless you're banking on a quick breakout or breakdown.

From an options perspective, that tight range suggests implied volatility might start to compress further if it holds. The risk, of course, is that a move above 6.80 or a dip below 6.60 invalidates that entire premise, and suddenly straddles or strangles could look cheap, or expensive if you're already in them. Just something to keep an eye on if you're trying to play iron condors or similar; managing the wings becomes crucial.

5
JPr/options·by u/jpetrovic·1moAnalysis

Watching NZDCAD at this 0.8275 level

Hey everyone, just looking at $NZDCAD today and a few things are catching my eye. It seems to have run into some resistance around the 0.8275 area repeatedly over the last few sessions. We saw a high today of 0.82749, practically touching that level, and then it's pulled back a bit since. Historically, going back a bit further on the daily chart, this zone has acted as both support and resistance at different times, so it's clearly a significant psychological level for the pair.

I'm curious if this could set up for some sort of bearish options play if it continues to reject this area convincingly. The intraday movement today, hitting the top of the range and then selling off, feels like a potential tell. The risk scenario for me would obviously be a clear break and hold above 0.8275, especially if we see increasing volume accompany it. If that happens, then this resistance idea is probably out the window, and we'd be looking at potential upward continuation. Just wanted to throw it out there for discussion – anyone else watching $NZDCAD and have a different read?

1

DOGE looking shaky at 0.071, implied vol ticking up

Been watching $DOGE carefully around this 0.071 mark; it's acted as pretty solid resistance for a bit now. If we get a clean break and hold above 0.0715 on decent volume, I'd consider that a significant shift, otherwise, the pattern looks like more downside pressure. My concern would be if it dips back below 0.069, that invalidates the slight upward bias I'm seeing for now and probably signals a retest of lower support. Implied vol has picked up a bit too, which makes pricing plays trickier.

1

$EEM - watching 63.50 support on the daily

Been looking at $EEM for a potential short-term call spread. It seems to have established decent support around the 63.50 mark today, holding it multiple times after dipping. The 50-day moving average is right in that neighborhood as well, which lends some credence to it as a level. If we see a sustained break below 63.50 on higher volume tomorrow, my thesis for a bounce is pretty much invalid; I'd re-evaluate then. For now, the bounce off that level and today's intraday low of 63.505 suggests it's worth monitoring for a potential move higher back towards 65.

4
FEr/options·by u/felipe2·1moDiscussion

Thoughts on ETH's current pivot potential around 1850

I'm looking closely at $ETHUSD around this 1850 level today. We saw it dip just below it earlier, hitting 1849.94, and it's trying to reclaim it now at 1853.35. Historically, this area has shown some sticky support, and I'm wondering if we're setting up for a potential bounce or at least a consolidation phase here. The daily candle's close relative to this level will be key. If we see a sustained break below 1840 on a daily close, my thesis for a pivot here would be largely invalidated, suggesting more downside pressure might be building. Just curious to hear what others are seeing on their charts.

2
JYr/options·by u/jihu_y·1moAnalysis

Watching CORN's range, possible breakout on volume

Been keeping an eye on $CORN lately, specifically its behavior around this 17.50-17.75 range. It feels like we're consolidating after that recent push, with the daily candle today (currently 17.65) pretty much stuck within yesterday's body. The volume has been average, which isn't screaming 'imminent move' but it's not disappearing either.

My read is that if we get a decisive close above 17.76 on better-than-average volume, there's a good chance we could see a move towards 18.00+. Conversely, a break and close below 17.56 could invalidate that idea and send us back to test the low 17s. I'm looking at potential long vol plays if we get that upside conviction, maybe a call spread further out if the IV holds. Just thinking out loud here, obviously things can change quickly.

6
SWr/options·by u/swang·1moAnalysis

EEM's 65-ish area: A key test for EM strength?

Been watching $EEM a bit today, and that 65.00-65.50 zone seems to be a real sticky wicket. We tapped 65.06 earlier, but it’s struggling to hold above that. If it can chew through and maintain above 65.50 for a bit, I’d be less surprised to see a run towards 66-67. However, if we fail here and drop back towards 64.00-63.50, my bias for a sustained EM breakout weakens considerably; that 63.50 support would then be crucial to avoid further downside.

12
SNr/options·by u/smith_nico·1moAnalysis

Thoughts on $DEFI's 73.30 support

Been watching $DEFI today and that 73.30 level has held up pretty well so far, with the current price hovering around 73.3747. It's a key psychological level for me, and if it breaks down decisively on volume, my entire bullish bias for a quick bounce is out the window. Not looking for any hero trades here, just observing the reaction.

-1
BSr/options·by u/bilal.sharma·1moAnalysis

$SAP - Watching the 184 resistance for a potential reversal

I'm looking at $SAP today and it's pushing right up against that 184 mark again, which has been a pretty solid resistance level over the past few weeks; if it fails to break through here, especially after that run from 177.95, I'd expect some mean reversion back towards the 180s. The risk, of course, is a strong candle close above 184.06, which would invalidate that particular scenario for me.

1
MVr/options·by u/menon_vikram·1moAnalysis

$USDSEK - Testing the waters at 9.52

Watching $USDSEK closely today. We're nudging up against 9.5222 again, which has been a pretty stubborn ceiling on the intraday chart. It seems like every time we get there, there’s a quick rejection or at least a struggle. If we can get a decent close above 9.5222, that might open up a bit more room to run, but honestly, I'm thinking about it more as a potential area for a quick reversal down to the 9.50-9.51 range if it doesn't hold. My current assumption, based on how it's behaved recently, is that a failure to break above it convincingly would lead to a retrace. The risk, of course, is a strong push through that level, invalidating the short-term resistance thesis.

0
TAr/options·by u/takeshitanaka·1moAnalysis

Watching USDMXN for a potential move

Hey everyone, just looking at $USDMXN this morning and it's been surprisingly flat at 17.326. My read is that this tight range could be coiling up for a move, potentially to the upside if we get any hawkish shifts from the Fed or some unexpected softness in Mexico's economic data. Of course, a strong push below 17.300 would invalidate that idea for me, suggesting the downtrend still has legs.

-3
KKr/options·by u/korn_kittisak·1moDiscussion

สงสัยเรื่อง IV กับ $SHIB ครับ

เห็น $SHIB วิ่งจาก 0.0000047 ขึ้นมาที่ 0.00000515 วันนี้เลยสงสัยว่าพวกค่า IV ของ options จะกระโดดเยอะแค่ไหน แล้วถ้ามันย่อกลับไปแถวๆ 0.00000485 เนี่ย IV จะยุบตัวเร็วหรือเปล่าครับ

4
ISr/options·by u/ishaan_shah·1moAnalysis

Watching CORN's Recent Pullback - Option Implications

Been keeping an eye on $CORN lately, and the recent move down to around the 17.65 area has me thinking about potential option plays, specifically on the volatility side. We saw a decent rally leading up to this, and now it feels like it's trying to find its footing after testing that previous resistance. It's not a massive drop, but enough to see some premium come out.

The interesting part for me is the implied volatility (IV) around these levels. If we see a bounce here and start consolidating, I'd be looking at potentially selling some out-of-the-money puts if IV starts to compress, betting on a short-term bottom holding. On the flip side, if 17.50 really gives way and we get a sustained break lower, then the narrative completely shifts, and any short put ideas are off the table. That 17.50 level feels like a line in the sand; a break below there would suggest a deeper retracement is in play, invalidating any immediate bullish options strategies I'd consider. Just my two cents on how I'm thinking about it.

76
ABr/options·by u/ananya_bose·1moAnalysis

Thoughts on NG's bounce off the lows

Been watching $NG pretty closely today. That bounce off the 5.845 lows was pretty telling, feels like there's some serious underlying support kicking in, even with the intraday pushing up to 6.075. My read is we might be seeing the start of a short-term bottom forming here, though obviously, a decisive break back below that 5.845 would invalidate that idea for me and suggest further downside is likely. For now, I'm leaning towards a potential consolidation around these levels or even a grind higher, but always gotta respect those support/resistance breaks.

0
AYr/options·by u/aylin45·1moAnalysis

Thoughts on UGAZ and potential short-term volatility

Been watching $UGAZ closely around this 10.82 level. It's sitting right on the higher end of its recent range today, touching 11.25 earlier. The 10.50 area seems to have acted as decent support over the past few sessions, and I'm looking to see if we get a retest there. If it breaks convincingly below 10.40, my current read on a short-term bounce would be invalidated, signaling a possible move back towards the lower 10s. Just my two cents, still observing.

57
DKr/options·by u/dina.khalil·1moAnalysis

$USDSEK - Testing the 9.54 resistance, potential range trade

Watching $USDSEK closely today as it approaches the 9.54 level again. We've seen rejection from this area multiple times over the last few weeks, most recently a couple of days ago before retracing towards 9.51. The current intraday high of 9.54853 puts it right at that previous ceiling.

My take is that we could see another retrace down towards 9.51 or even 9.50 if this resistance holds. The daily RSI is trending lower, suggesting that the recent push higher might be losing steam. However, a clean break and hold above 9.55 on a daily close would invalidate this short-term range trade idea, indicating potential for a move towards 9.58-9.60. For now, it seems like a battle around the 9.54 mark.

1
ASr/options·by u/asiddiqui·1moAnalysis

Watching NG - Is This Bounce Sustainable?

Been keeping an eye on $NG lately. That move from the 5.845 lows to current 6.075 has my attention, but I'm not entirely convinced it's a structural shift yet. The prior resistance around 6.10-6.15 area feels significant. For me, a sustained break and hold above 6.15 would be the first real indication that the bullish momentum has some legs beyond just a short covering bounce.

Conversely, if we see a rejection around these current levels and a drop back below, say, 5.95, it would strongly suggest that this was just a relief rally in a still bearish trend. Volatility here is certainly playing a role, making conviction on either side tricky without clearer price action establishing new higher lows or breaking key overhead resistance.

19
NBr/options·by u/nbautista·1moAnalysis

Thoughts on USDSEK at 9.67

Watching $USDSEK today, it's touching that 9.67 level again, which has been a pretty solid resistance point on the daily for a bit now. If it can clear that convincingly, especially with the 9.6255 support holding firm earlier, we could see some continuation higher. The risk to this perspective, for me, is a quick reversal back below 9.65, invalidating the breakout attempt and likely bringing 9.6255 back into play as a re-test target. Just my two cents on the current action.

0
JPr/options·by u/jpetrovic·1moAnalysis

Watching NZDCAD at these highs

Been keeping an eye on $NZDCAD today. We've seen a pretty solid push, now sitting around 0.81826, and actually pierced through the day's high of 0.81873 briefly. What's interesting to me is this move up is happening right into what looks like a multi-month resistance area from back in late 2022. It's not a hard line, more of a zone between 0.8180 and 0.8200. I'm seeing some exhaustion on shorter timeframes, but nothing conclusive yet. If we can't sustain above 0.8190 by end of day, especially if we wick above and close below, it could signal a decent retrace. The risk, of course, is if we get a strong daily close above 0.8200; that would invalidate the idea of resistance holding and suggest a continuation much higher, perhaps towards 0.8250+.