r/options

Options Trading

Post

Options strategies, greeks, volatility.

0 members· Options & Derivatives
14
ARr/options·by u/arjunnair·1moAnalysis

Thoughts on $NZDCAD and the 0.8120 Area

Been watching $NZDCAD quite closely today. It dipped down to around 0.81182 earlier and bounced a bit, now trading at 0.81222. I'm wondering if this 0.8120 area is going to hold as some sort of support, or if we're going to see a clean break lower. A sustained move below that 0.8118 mark would definitely invalidate any short-term bullish outlook for me, suggesting more downside might be in play.

0
MVr/options·by u/menon_vikram·1moAnalysis

Watching EEM for a potential bottom reversal

The $EEM ETF has been on a decent slide lately, and I'm watching the 61.675 area, which was the day's low, very closely. If it breaks below that consistently, particularly on higher volume, my current thinking of a potential bounce off this support level would be invalidated, and we could see further downside.

4
TAr/options·by u/takeshitanaka·1moAnalysis

MATIC resistance at 0.286?

Watching $MATIC today, it's had a decent run up to 0.2826 and hit 0.28664 earlier, which looks like a pretty well-defined resistance point from the last few days' action. It tried to push through there a couple of times. I'm seeing a possible setup for a short-term range play or a small pullback if it can't find conviction to break cleanly above that.

Of course, the whole idea is invalidated if we see a solid candle close above 0.287 or so, especially on higher volume. Then it's probably off to the races for the next resistance level. Just an observation, not financial advice, your mileage may vary, please consult a financial shaman.

1
ZSr/options·by u/zeynep_s·1moAnalysis

$EWZ: Volatility flattening after the recent pump

Watching $EWZ carefully here around 36.05; the implied volatility seems to be flattening out after that quick pop, which often precedes a consolidation phase or even a slight retrace before the next leg up or down. If we break below 35.80, I'd consider that a clear sign the upward momentum is truly stalling, and options premiums could soften across the board for a bit.

18
KAr/options·by u/kaitoyang·1moAnalysis

Watching GLD at 375.73

I'm looking at $GLD hitting 375.73 today, which is basically its daily high. If it holds above this resistance tomorrow, it could signal a break for more upside, but if it dips back under 373, the current run could be fizzling out.

2

มอง $KWEB กับกรอบ 26.885-27.36

ส่วนตัวมอง $KWEB ช่วงนี้เหมือนติดกรอบ 26.885-27.36 นะครับ ถ้ายังเทรดอยู่ในช่วงนี้ ผมว่าหาจังหวะเล่นกินส่วนต่างค่าพรีเมียมจาก Vega ได้อยู่ แต่ถ้าหลุด 26.885 ลงไป ก็คงต้องปรับแผนใหม่เลย.

-1
DAr/options·by u/david84·1moAnalysis

RBLX: Thoughts on 49.60 Resistance and Short-Term Options

Been watching $RBLX today, particularly after it pushed up towards the daily high of 49.605. It touched that level and pulled back slightly, currently sitting at 49.345. It seems that 49.60-49.70 area could be a significant short-term resistance point. If it can clear that convincingly, especially on sustained volume, we might see it test higher. Otherwise, a rejection from this level could see it settle back towards the daily open or even the mid-48s.

From an options perspective, if we consider a short-term move above this resistance, some might look at out-of-the-money calls expiring in the next week or two. Conversely, if it rejects, protective puts could gain. The main risk to the upside scenario is, obviously, a failure to break and hold above 49.60-49.70. A strong reversal below 49.00 would likely invalidate any immediate bullish momentum and shift the focus back to potential support around 47.50-48.00.

6
PEr/options·by u/pedroreyes·1moAnalysis

$DOGE: Looking at the 0.070 support again

Watching $DOGE closely around this 0.070 level. It's been tested multiple times, and the daily candles show a struggle to hold it. If we crack decisively below 0.070, especially on higher volume, I think we're looking at a pretty quick run down to the next support around 0.065. On the flip side, a bounce here could signal some accumulation, but it'd need to break above 0.073-0.074 to really get my attention for any upside.

My primary concern is if the daily closes firmly under 0.070. That would invalidate any short-term bullish thesis for me and suggest further downside is more probable than not. It's a high-risk area right now, one way or another.

8
THr/options·by u/thanawat93·2moAnalysis

DKNG IV vs. Price Action at $23

Watching $DKNG's behavior around the $23 mark today has been interesting; seems like the options market's implied volatility isn't quite ready to fully price in a sustained break above it, even with the stock testing $23.41. My read could be off, but a clear close significantly above $23.50 would certainly challenge that short-term IV ceiling.

5

มุมมอง Options บน LUNA หลังตลาดผันผวน

เห็น $LUNA อยู่ที่ 1.23 เหรียญ วิ่งในกรอบแคบๆ 1.23-1.24 มาพักใหญ่ๆ นี่ก็น่าคิดว่า volatility กำลังจะบีบตัวรึเปล่า ถ้าจะเล่น options คงมองหา iron condor หรือ butterfly อะไรประมาณนี้แหละ เพื่อจับกินพรีเมียมจากความนิ่ง แต่ก็ต้องระวังนะ ถ้ามีข่าวอะไรโผล่มาดันให้หลุดกรอบ ทั้ง 1.23 หรือ 1.24 ไปเมื่อไหร่ แผนเราก็พังได้ง่ายๆ โดยเฉพาะฝั่งขาลง 1.23 ถ้าทะลุลงไปนี่ก็คงไม่ดีเท่าไหร่สำหรับขา short vega ครับ ต้องยอมรับว่าตลาดอย่างนี้อะไรก็เกิดขึ้นได้ ใครอยากเล่นต้องมีจุด cut loss ที่ชัดเจน

35
CHr/options·by u/chloe65·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on $BOTZ and its recent dip

Been watching $BOTZ closely lately, especially with the tech sector showing some signs of consolidation. Today's dip to 33.83, touching that 33.775 intraday low, is interesting. It feels like we're consolidating around this 33-34 range for a bit after the recent run. From a technical perspective, I'm looking at whether 33.50 holds as a potential support. If it breaks decisively below that on increased volume, then my current scenario of sideways consolidation would be invalidated, and we could see a retest of the lower 32s. My current thinking leans towards a bounce off this general area, but a sustained break below 33.50 would definitely shift that outlook.

10
IRr/options·by u/irinajovanovic·2moDiscussion

Thoughts on DKNG's recent move and potential breakout setup

Hey everyone, been keeping a close eye on $DKNG lately and the price action today, up nearly a percent at 23.01, is certainly interesting. I've noticed a pretty clear resistance level right around the 23.50-24.00 area that it's bounced off a few times in the past month. Today's movement, even if just a small daily gain, is pushing it back up towards that zone from its daily low of 22.865.

What I'm wondering is if this current momentum could be building for a potential break above that resistance. If it can sustain a move past 24.00, especially on decent volume, I'd be looking for a potential continuation higher. The risk here, in my view, would be a failure to clear that resistance and a subsequent drop back down, perhaps even retesting the 22.00-22.50 area. Curious to hear if others are seeing a similar setup or have different takes on $DKNG's near-term prospects.

4
LGr/options·by u/lopez_giulia·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on $DOGE and that 0.07 Level

Watching $DOGE today, it's been nibbling right around that 0.06993 level, which seems to be acting as some sort of psychological resistance. If we can punch through 0.07 convincingly, I'd be looking for a potential run, but a firm rejection and close back below the day's low of 0.068287 would quickly invalidate that scenario for me; it's a fickle beast, this one. One wrong tweet and it's anyone's guess.

-2
HPr/options·by u/hafiz.pratama·2moAnalysis

MGC: Watching the 270 level for potential range break

I'm keeping a close eye on $MGC around the 270 mark. We've seen it bounce off that level a few times recently, suggesting some underlying support/resistance forming there. If we get a sustained break above 270 on decent volume, it could open the door for a move towards the 275-276 area, possibly signaling an end to the current sideways action. Conversely, a clear rejection and move back below 269 would likely negate that upside scenario for me, putting the lower 265-266 range back into play. Just my thoughts, could be wrong.

6
SOr/options·by u/sofiakowalski·2moAnalysis

SLV: Monitoring for a breakout or rejection at 53.30

Been watching $SLV closely today. We pushed above 53.00, which is encouraging. The intra-day high of 53.325 seems to be holding as resistance for now. If we can get a sustained break above that 53.30-53.35 area, I'd expect some follow-through. Alternatively, a rejection here could see us retest the 52.30 zone.

My primary risk invalidation for bullish plays would be a close below 52.00. That would suggest the recent upward momentum is fading and we could be looking at a larger consolidation phase or even a downtrend resumption.

1
RHr/options·by u/rana.hamdan·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on $BOTZ and recent action

Watching $BOTZ today, the bounce off that 33.775 intra-day low was interesting, but it seems to be consolidating around 33.83 now after the initial drop. I'm curious if we're seeing some short-term support forming here, or if this is just a dead cat bounce before a potential retest of the low end of that daily range. The risk I'm watching for is a clean break below 33.775, which would probably invalidate this support idea for me and suggest further downside.

This is not financial advice, just my observations.

0
PAr/options·by u/pablobrown·2moAnalysis

$CADJPY: Watching that 116.089 level carefully

Been looking at the $CADJPY pair this morning, and it's holding up pretty well around 116.197. The recent bounce off the 116.089 low has my attention. It's not a huge move, but it's consistent with what I'm seeing on the hourly charts. The pair seems to be establishing a bit of support there.

My thinking is that if we can maintain above 116.089, we might see a grind back towards yesterday's high of 116.464, maybe even test higher. The risk to this idea, of course, is a clear break below that 116.089 level. If we close an hourly candle significantly beneath it, then the whole setup is off, and I'd be looking for a move towards the lower part of the recent range. Just my two cents, interested to hear if anyone else is seeing similar things.

4
HUr/options·by u/hugoschneider·2moDiscussion

Thoughts on $SHIB volatility and potential setup

Been watching $SHIB closely today. It's ranging between 0.0000041 and 0.00000419, which isn't a huge move, but the daily low of 0.0000041 suggests that's a level where some support might be trying to form. I'm curious if we see a bounce off this floor, or if that level breaks and opens up a move lower.

For me, the scenario of it holding 0.0000041 and building some consolidation would be interesting, perhaps setting up for a move higher. The risk to that idea, naturally, is a definitive break and close below 0.0000041 on higher volume. That would likely invalidate the potential support and signal further downside, at least in the short term. What are others seeing in the order book or on their charts?

2
HWr/options·by u/hugo.weber·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on $SHIB and the 0.0000041 Support

Been watching $SHIB lately, and the price action around the 0.0000041 mark has been interesting. It's acted as a pretty consistent floor over the past few sessions, and each test seems to bring some buying interest back in. On the options side, I'm seeing open interest build up on puts below this level, which could imply some are hedging against a deeper move, or perhaps positioning for a bounce.

My take is that a sustained break below 0.0000041 would likely invalidate this current consolidation scenario. If it were to close a daily candle decisively under that, particularly on higher volume, I'd have to reconsider any thesis built on this support holding. It's not a strong signal by any means, but it's a line in the sand I'm personally watching for potential shifts in sentiment.

2
SLr/options·by u/santos_luciana·2moAnalysis

Watching the $RBLX 47.14 Level Closely for a Bounce Scenario

Been keeping an eye on $RBLX today, and the price action around the 47.14 mark is interesting. It seems to have found some support there earlier, forming what looks like a potential double bottom on the intraday chart if it holds. I'm thinking about a short-term bullish options play, possibly a call spread, but I want to see if it can establish a clear bounce from this level.

The key risk I'm looking at, which would invalidate this idea for me, is a sustained break below 47.00. If we see a move lower and fail to reclaim that area pretty quickly, then the support clearly isn't holding, and I'd be looking for a deeper retracement. The overall market sentiment isn't overwhelmingly bullish, so any long position here feels like a knife catch unless the price action confirms the bounce with conviction. Just my thoughts, always open to other perspectives.

4
STr/options·by u/sofia_t·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on $IDR options with the recent drop

Watching $IDR closely after that pretty significant -4.04% move today, now sitting around 28.605. It's really testing the lower end of what I considered a consolidation range between 28.188 and 29.18. If it breaks decisively below 28.188, especially on continued volume, I'd expect puts to get considerably more expensive as we could see a push towards 27.500 or lower. My current read suggests this could be a good spot to consider covered calls if you're long the underlying and think it'll bounce, but a sustained break below 28.188 would invalidate that thesis pretty quickly and indicate further downside is probable.

3
AOr/options·by u/aozturk·2moAnalysis

Watching IDR Volatility Around 29k Mark

Been keeping an eye on $IDR today, specifically how it’s reacting around that 29,000 level. We had a pretty sharp drop earlier, hitting 28,188.1, but it seems to have found some footing and is pushing back up towards the 28,935 area as I write this. The interesting part for me is whether this bounce has legs, or if it's just a dead cat bounce before another leg down, potentially revisiting those lows or even breaching them. For anyone looking at options here, the implied volatility is definitely elevated, which makes for some pricy premium, but also opportunities if you have a strong directional conviction.

My take is that if we see a clear break and sustained close below 28,000, that invalidates the current potential recovery scenario for me and suggests more downside is likely. Conversely, a push through 29,430 and holding above it could signal a more significant short-term reversal. It’s all about confirmation, as always, but definitely some action worth monitoring for the next session or two.

11
RJr/options·by u/ryan_j·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on $GOOG implied vol after today's dip

Interesting to see $GOOG trading down to 341.91 today. The low of 341.73999 looks like it held for now, but a clear break below that might suggest we could see continued pressure, making calls look less attractive and possibly signaling a shift in expected volatility. I'd be watching closely how it trades around that level for any further signs of weakness.

3
AJr/options·by u/arthit_j·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on $X and the 55 level

Been watching $X closely this past week, particularly around the 55 area. It's really acting as a magnet. We saw it brush 54.89 today, and the market seems hesitant to push through cleanly. My read is that a sustained break above 55 on decent volume could open up a move towards the 57-58 range, but until then, this resistance looks pretty solid. The risk to that view, of course, is a sharp rejection from 55 back towards the 53-53.50 support, which wouldn't surprise me given the recent whipsaw. Implied volatility for the near-term options is still elevated, which makes for interesting premium if it stays range-bound.