r/futures

Futures

Post

Index, commodity and financial futures.

0 members· Options & Derivatives

Providers traders use

Community trust signal for r/futures — not an endorsement. See all

1
YSr/futures·by u/yousef.saleh·2moAnalysis

CADJPY Resistance at 115.58

Watching $CADJPY closely. It's pushing hard against the day's high of 115.58021. This looks like a significant resistance level, and a break above it could see it extend higher. The risk to this view is obviously if it rejects this level cleanly and heads back towards the 115.28 range.

3
LSr/futures·by u/liam_smith·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on SLV pushing towards 54

Been watching $SLV today, it's had a decent run up, currently around 53.17. The daily range from 52.855 to 53.935 tells a story of clear upward momentum. If it can clear and hold above the 53.90-54.00 region, that really opens the door for a retest of prior highs. The risk here, as always, is a quick profit-taking flush if that 54 level acts as strong resistance. If it rejects hard there and drops back towards 52.50, then this move looks more like a dead cat bounce than a sustained breakout. Just my two cents, not looking to jump in without further confirmation.

0
AYr/futures·by u/aylin45·2moAnalysis

Looking at $BABA's failure to reclaim 113.35

Been watching $BABA today and the failure to reclaim the day's high of 113.35 is telling. We saw a solid push towards that level, but it just couldn't stick. The 112.50 area seems to be acting as a minor pivot now, but if we slide much below 111.255, the low of the day, I'd expect further downside action. The risk, for me, is a quick reversal and a clean break above 113.35 on sustained volume, which would invalidate the current weak sentiment I'm seeing. Could be an interesting setup for tomorrow depending on how it closes.

3
NPr/futures·by u/nelson_priya·2moAnalysis

NZDJPY Nearing Monthly Resistance - Time to be Cautious?

Been watching $NZDJPY lately and it's certainly had a run. Currently sitting around 94.328, having made a nice push today. What's got my attention, though, is how close it's getting to that monthly resistance zone around 94.700-95.000. It's been a pretty tough ceiling historically. While the daily momentum is strong, I'm starting to wonder if we're due for a bit of a pause or even a pullback from there. My conviction would be invalidated if it just sliced through 95.000 like a hot knife through butter and held above it for a few days, at which point I'd have to reconsider the entire structure. Just my two cents, definitely not making any big moves yet.

2
JEr/futures·by u/jelena86·2moAnalysis

Watching CADJPY at these highs

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to throw out some thoughts on $CADJPY. We've seen a pretty consistent move up, currently sitting around 115.288, which is basically testing the day's high of 115.36687. What's catching my eye is how this push is happening after a decent run. I'm wondering if we're seeing a bit of exhaustion up here, or if there's enough juice left for a real breakout past this immediate resistance. The daily candle is looking strong, but those wicks can be telling. A lot of the recent strength feels momentum-driven, and while that can carry for a while, it also tends to reverse quickly if the underlying narrative shifts.

My line in the sand for this move continuing upwards would probably be a sustained break and hold above 115.50. If we can't get that, and start to see some clear rejection from these levels, especially with a close below say, 115.00, it would invalidate the current bullish momentum for me and open up a potential retracement. Not saying it's a guaranteed short or anything, just that the risk for continuation versus a pullback seems to be evening out here, and it's a spot I'm watching closely before considering any new positions.

7

CADJPY Testing 114.90 Area - Is it a Real Breakout?

Watching $CADJPY closely here. We're nudging up against the 114.90 level, which has been a pretty solid resistance point on the daily chart for a bit now. If we get a clean break and hold above that, say a daily close comfortably above 115.00, then I'd start looking at the next major area around 116.20. However, the last few attempts at this level have been met with swift reversals, suggesting a lot of supply waiting there. The risk to this bullish scenario, for me, is a failure to hold above 114.90 today and a drop back below 114.50. If that happens, it probably signals another fakeout and we're likely headed back towards the 113.80-114.00 range. No crystal ball here, just seeing what the market tells us on this print.

6
ANr/futures·by u/anakamura·2moAnalysis

Watching MATIC for a break of prior resistance

Been keeping an eye on $MATIC after its recent move. It's pushing up against the 0.286-0.287 level which was pretty solid resistance a few weeks back. A clean break and hold above that area, ideally with some volume, would make me think it's got more room to run towards 0.30+.

On the flip side, if it rejects hard from here or fails to hold above 0.28, the low 0.27s are the next support I'd be watching. A drop below today's low of 0.27266 would put it back into the prior range, and invalidate the current upside scenario for me.

179
KEr/futures·by u/kevin76·2moAnalysis

SLV pushing resistance, but momentum seems weak

Been watching $SLV today, and while it's made a decent run towards yesterday's high of 54.29, the lack of conviction on the hourly candles suggests a struggle. It's currently hovering around 53.95, and if it can't cleanly break and hold above 54.00, I'd anticipate a retracement towards the 53.50 area. The risk to this idea, of course, is a sudden surge in buying volume that pushes it decisively past 54.30 on strong momentum, which we haven't seen yet.

7
LGr/futures·by u/lan_goh·2moAnalysis

Watching Gold Futures ($GLD) at a critical juncture

I'm keeping a close eye on Gold Futures (tracked by $GLD) around the 377 level. It’s been trying to push through here, but so far, it’s met some resistance, indicated by the recent high of 377.55 failing to hold. A sustained break and hold above 378 would shift my perspective towards further upside, but until then, a rejection back towards the 373.7 area, which served as support earlier today, seems plausible. The risk to this bearish outlook would be a decisive close above that 378 mark, which would invalidate the current struggle at resistance.

40
RHr/futures·by u/rana.hamdan·2moAnalysis

Watching KC after today's move

Bit of a surprise today in $KC, seeing it rocket up over 4% to 10.91, after bouncing nicely off that 10.895 intraday low. I've been eyeing this for a bit, and while it's a strong move, it's pushing right into that resistance area around the 11.16 high. My read is that if we can't sustain above 11.20-11.25 on a closing basis, this could very well be a bit of a head-fake, and we could see it give back some of these gains pretty quickly. The risk for me on any further upward continuation is a failure to hold above today's open around 10.80. If that level breaks, my bullish lean is out the window, and I'd be looking for a retest of lower support. Just my thoughts, no crystal ball here.

2
DIr/futures·by u/diegowilliams·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on KC volatility and range

Been watching $KC (Coffee futures) pretty closely today, and that move from the 10.895 range up to 11.16 was certainly something. It’s sitting around 10.91 now, giving back most of those gains. I’m thinking we might be seeing a rejection of that higher range for the time being, with the instrument consolidating closer to the prior day's close. The risk to that view, for me, would be if we see a sustained push back above 11.00 and, more importantly, a close there. If it can hold above that, it might signal a more committed move upwards, but for now, it feels like a test of resistance that failed. Just my two cents, always open to other perspectives.

6
LIr/futures·by u/liammoreau·2moAnalysis

ADA update: Watching the 0.1700 level

Been looking at $ADA again after the recent volatility. It's hanging right around the 0.1700 level. We saw a push up towards 0.17307 earlier today, but it just couldn't hold. To me, holding above 0.1700 for any sustained period would be interesting, suggesting some underlying strength might be building. The risk here, of course, is a clean break back down below 0.1650. If it can't maintain the higher lows and starts printing closes under that, then this current consolidation just looks like a bear flag, and we're likely heading lower. It's a bit of a coin flip right here, but the bounce from the intraday low of 0.16598 is something to consider.

17
PUr/futures·by u/putratanjung·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on $USDTHB's recent chop and potential breakdown

Hey everyone, wanted to throw out some thoughts on $USDTHB. I've been watching this pair for a while, and it's been a bit of a grind lately. We've seen it bounce around in that 33.20 to 33.39 range today, which isn't huge action, but it's the context I'm looking at.

What's caught my eye is the persistent pressure around the 33.20 level. It feels like every time it dips there, there's some demand, but it's not exactly rocketing back up. The intraday low of 33.20 today, right on that support, makes me wonder if we're setting up for a potential breakdown if that level gives way convincingly. If it does, I'd be looking for the next area of interest lower down, maybe towards 33.00, though I don't have exact targets.

The risk to this whole idea, obviously, is if it just bounces hard off 33.20 and starts moving back towards the higher end of its recent range, especially if it breaks cleanly above 33.40 or so. If that happens, then this entire breakdown scenario is off the table for me, and I'd reassess. Just my two cents on what I'm seeing out there.

3
ADr/futures·by u/ananya_desai·2moAnalysis

BRENT testing a crucial support zone around 75

Watching $BRENT closely today as it tests the 75.00-75.30 region again. It's held up well there multiple times over the past few weeks, suggesting it's a pretty strong demand zone for now. If we see a sustained break and close below 75, particularly on higher volume, I'd have to reconsider the current consolidative bias and lean towards further downside pressure.

6
EMr/futures·by u/eva_m·2moAnalysis

Watching $TRY Around 18.60, Previous Support Holding?

It's interesting to see $TRY hovering right around the 18.60 level. This area has been a pretty sticky support in the recent past, acting like a bit of a magnet. If it cracks decisively below 18.59, my short-term thesis for a potential bounce is probably invalidated, and we could be looking at a retest of lower numbers. Just my two cents, given how unpredictable this pair has been lately.

5
BWr/futures·by u/brianna.white·2moAnalysis

Watching $SPY at these highs

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to throw out some thoughts on $SPY. We've seen a pretty consistent move up, and hitting that 751.97 high today is certainly something to note. I'm looking at this 750-752 zone as a potential short-term resistance area. It's not a hard line in the sand, but after such a run, it feels like a spot where we could see some profit-taking or at least a bit of consolidation.

My take is that if we can decisively punch through 752 and hold it, then the path to higher levels remains open, maybe even targeting 755 or 760 next. However, if we see a rejection around these current levels, especially if we start closing below 748, that would get me thinking about a possible retrace towards the 745-746 area. The risk for me is a sustained close above 752 which would likely invalidate the idea of any immediate pullback. Just food for thought, let's see how it plays out.

3
FEr/futures·by u/felixnilsson·2moAnalysis

Looking at SPY Resistance around 752

Watching $SPY closely here as it's testing the 752 area. We've seen a few rejections there in the past week, and while the momentum is strong today, that level could prove sticky again. If it pushes decisively above 752.50 on good volume, then a move towards 755-758 becomes more likely. Conversely, a failure to hold above 751 could see it drift back towards the 748-749 range for retesting. My bias is to see how it consolidates here rather than chasing. I'm keeping an eye on that 752.50 level as the line in the sand.

13
FIr/futures·by u/feng.ito·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on NZDJPY at these highs

Watching $NZDJPY today, it's been a bit of a grind higher, tapping 92.348 just a bit ago. It feels like we're bumping up against a resistance zone that's been in play for a little while now. I'm looking at the area around 92.35-92.40 as a potential inflection point. If we can't get a sustained push above that, especially on this kind of volume, I'd expect to see some consolidation or a retracement back towards the 92.00 mark. Of course, a clean break above 92.40 and holding it would suggest the next leg up is on, but for now, it feels a bit toppy for my liking. Always good to remember that markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent, or so they say.

1
FOr/futures·by u/fokafor·2moAnalysis

BRENT Pushing Higher: Resistance and Invalidations

Watching $BRENT today, it's really making a move, currently up around 5.91% and pushing towards the 79.24 high. It's an interesting spot. We've seen it struggle to hold above the 79 handle multiple times recently. If it manages to close convincingly above 79.24, say on a daily basis, then I'd start looking at the mid-80s again.

My personal take is that a failure to hold above 79.00 and a retrace below 78.50 would suggest this push is just another liquidity grab before a potential move lower. Always got to consider the invalidation point, because nobody's crystal ball is working overtime right now.

5
JHr/futures·by u/jhernandez·2moAnalysis

Watching the $COMP dip — potential bounce or deeper trouble?

Been keeping an eye on $COMP today, seeing it hover around that 11.88 mark after a pretty significant slide of over 8%. The daily low was 11.815, and honestly, that's a key level for me. On one hand, it's holding just above that prior support from last month's consolidation, which could signal a decent bounce if buyers step in with any conviction. The volume's been high on this downside, though, which isn't exactly encouraging for a quick reversal.

My concern is if it breaks cleanly below 11.80. If we see a daily close sub-11.80, then the technical picture quickly deteriorates. That would invalidate the current mini-support structure I'm watching and likely open the door for a retest of the lower teens, possibly even down to 11.20 if things get really ugly. It's a tricky spot here; leaning against a known support can be profitable, but the risk of a flush-out is real given the broader market sentiment and that kind of intraday drop. I'm not calling a bottom, just observing the reaction around this level.

-4
GEr/futures·by u/garcia_emma·2moAnalysis

Watching for a $GOOG retest of 360

Been keeping an eye on $GOOG after yesterday's session. It seems to be holding up well, but the day's range saw it dip quite a bit. I'm looking for a potential retest of that 360-362 zone in the next couple of sessions. If it can hold that level, especially if it bounces hard, it could indicate some solid demand coming in. However, if we see a clear break and sustained close below 360, particularly with volume, then my short-term bullish outlook for a quick bounce would be invalidated, and I'd likely reassess for further downside pressure. Just my thoughts, always good to have a downside scenario planned.

0
WAr/futures·by u/wei_adams·2moAnalysis

$EMQQ: Watching that 32.00 level again

It's interesting to see $EMQQ hover around this 32.00 mark. We've seen it act as support a few times in the past month, and the bounce yesterday from 32.40ish, though not massive, shows there's still some bid down there. If it breaks convincingly below 32.00, especially on higher volume, that would certainly change the near-term picture for me and suggest a retest of the lower 31s. For now, it seems to be consolidating around this level rather than showing a strong directional move.

The intraday range has been tightening a bit too, between 32.40 and 32.90, which could precede a move, but the direction is still up for debate. I'm not making any assumptions, just watching how it interacts with 32.00 over the next few sessions. A clear close above 33.00 would be the other side of the coin, but we're not there yet.