r/futures

Futures

Post

Index, commodity and financial futures.

0 members· Options & Derivatives

Providers traders use

Community trust signal for r/futures — not an endorsement. See all

6
SWr/futures·by u/swang·1moAnalysis

USLV testing prior support now resistance

Watching $USLV very closely here. It's trading right around 13.18, which was pretty solid support back in late October/early November. We broke below that decisively a few weeks ago, and now it looks like we're retesting it from underneath. If it rejects hard from this 13.20 area, it's a textbook retest of broken support now acting as resistance. That would likely confirm further downside, possibly to the 12.00-12.50 range. The risk, obviously, is if we punch through 13.20 and hold it; then this whole short-term premise is invalid, and we could see a move back towards 13.50 or higher.

0
EMr/futures·by u/eva_murphy·1moAnalysis

Watching NZDCAD for a potential double top forming on the daily

Been keeping an eye on $NZDCAD lately and can't shake the feeling we might be carving out a double top on the daily chart. Price seems to be struggling a bit around the 0.8250-0.8260 region, which aligns with the prior swing high from a couple of weeks back. Today's push up to 0.82576 seems to be losing steam, and I'm watching to see if we get a decisive rejection here, potentially forming that second peak.

The neckline I'm looking at would be around the 0.8208 area – that's where we bounced off earlier today and also a key support from last week. A clear break below that could signal a deeper retracement. The risk that invalidates this scenario, for me, would be a strong, sustained move above 0.8260, ideally with daily candle close confirmation. If we start closing above that level, it would suggest the bulls are firmly in control and this double top idea is likely off the table, perhaps indicating a push towards 0.8300 or higher. Just my current read, always open to being wrong on these things.

5
AZr/futures·by u/azhao·1moAnalysis

Thoughts on $NG resistance at 6.00

I'm watching natural gas, $NG, closely here; the repeated rejections at the 6.00-6.05 level on the daily chart are starting to look like a solid resistance. If it manages to punch through 6.05 and hold, then this whole bearish short-term scenario is invalidated, but until then I'm seeing continued downward pressure.

22
RGr/futures·by u/rossi_greta·1moAnalysis

Watching IDR futures around 27.22

Been keeping an eye on $IDR futures and that 27.22 level on the daily chart is really standing out to me. We've seen it act as decent support a few times this week, even with the -5.07% move today. If we can hold above that, I'd be looking for a potential bounce back towards the higher end of the day's range, maybe even 28.71 again.

My primary concern, of course, is a sustained break below 27.22. If that happens, especially on volume, then the whole idea is likely invalidated, and we could see a quick retest of lower levels. Just my current read, always open to being wrong here.

19
YSr/futures·by u/yousef.saleh·1moAnalysis

EEM looking constructive off that 62.80 area

Been watching $EEM a bit today and that bounce off the ~62.80 support, which was basically the low from earlier this week, is looking pretty decent. We've got a bit of a higher low forming on the hourly if it holds here, and if it can clear 64.20, which was resistance for a good part of the morning, then I think there's room to run toward the 65.00-65.50 range. The whole setup gets invalidated if we start closing candles below 62.80 again, that would probably signal a retest of the lower 62s. Just my read on it, obviously anything can happen.

5

KWEB: Thoughts on the 27 resistance and potential retest

Been watching $KWEB closely lately. It’s been an interesting play, particularly with the recent run-up.

Today, we saw it hit 27 which seems to be acting as a pretty significant psychological and technical resistance level. We closed right around that mark, which isn't entirely convincing for a breakout just yet. If you zoom out a bit on the daily, you can see this area has been tested multiple times in the past, and a solid close above it has often led to further upside. Conversely, failures at this level have typically resulted in retracements.

My current thinking is that we're likely to see a retest of 27 or a slight pullback to the 26.50-26.70 area before any sustained move higher. The volume on today's move was decent, but not overwhelming enough to suggest a decisive break just yet, at least from my perspective. The risk to this idea, of course, would be a strong gap up above 27.20 on significant volume at tomorrow's open, which would invalidate the consolidation/retest scenario and suggest a more immediate push. For now, it feels like a patient approach might be warranted.

3
LUr/futures·by u/lukanagy·2moAnalysis

Watching $USDMXN at 17.47, potential for reversal?

Been keeping an eye on $USDMXN today. It's pushed up to 17.47, which is a level that's shown some resistance recently. We've seen it struggle to break convincingly above here in past sessions. If we see a rejection around this current 17.47-17.48 area and a close back below it, particularly on higher volume, I'd be looking for a potential retrace towards 17.41. The risk to that scenario, of course, is a sustained break above 17.48. If it can hold above that, especially on this kind of daily range, then we could be looking at a move towards the 17.50-17.55 zone quite quickly. Just my thoughts, always open to being wrong.

6
SRr/futures·by u/sofia_r·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on MGC's current range and potential breakdown

Been watching $MGC this past week, and it seems to be establishing a fairly tight range between roughly 268.275 and 272.13. What's interesting to me is the repeated failure to gain momentum above that 272-ish area. It looks like resistance is pretty firm there.

My scenario involves a potential break below the 268.275 support. If we see a convincing close below that, it could open the door for a retest of lower levels. The risk to this idea, of course, is a strong push through 272.13. If that happens, my short-term bearish view would be invalidated, and I'd reassess for a potential move higher.

2

$UGAZ at a crossroads?

Watching $UGAZ here around 10.82 with some interest, or perhaps, trepidation. It's been range-bound for a bit, but this area has acted as pretty significant support/resistance multiple times on the daily chart over the past few weeks. On the one hand, a clean break and hold above 11.25 on volume could really get things moving again, perhaps revisiting the mid-12s. On the other hand, a decisive move below 10.61, especially if it closes there, would have me thinking we could see it challenge the low 9s pretty quickly. The risk for me right now is that the lack of clear directional conviction means it could just chop sideways in this same range for another week, making it a frustrating play for anyone looking for a quick move. Just my two cents, the market always finds a way to humble me.

5
CCr/futures·by u/chris_clark·2moAnalysis

$DKNG - Watching this 24.50 level closely

Interesting move on $DKNG today, pushing through some resistance. I'm keeping an eye on the 24.50-24.60 zone, which looks like the top of a prior range from late last year. If we can sustain above that into the close and possibly consolidate there, it could set up for a test of higher levels. The volume today is supportive.

However, a clear rejection from this zone, especially if we see it drop back below 24.00, would suggest this breakout might be another false dawn. I'd be looking for confirmation tomorrow before drawing any firm conclusions. This market has a way of tricking you right at the edge of a new leg.

142
TTr/futures·by u/teerapat_t·2moAnalysis

$MGC กับแนวต้าน 271.451

ผมกำลังดู $MGC วันนี้ แกว่งอยู่ในกรอบแคบๆ ตั้งแต่ 269.03 ถึง 271.451 มองว่าระดับ 271.451 เป็นแนวต้านสำคัญที่ต้องจับตา ถ้าผ่านไปได้ก็อาจจะไปต่อได้ แต่ถ้าไม่ผ่าน อาจเห็นการย่อตัวลงมาทดสอบแถว 269 อีกครั้ง ความเสี่ยงคือถ้าแท่งเทียนปิดต่ำกว่า 269.03 ชัดเจน ก็ต้องปรับมุมมอง

0
RPr/futures·by u/rahul.pillai·2moAnalysis

Natural Gas: Looking at 6.00 again, or maybe not.

Watching $NG bounce around today, currently at 5.93. The recent flirtation with 6.00 has been interesting. I'm keeping an eye on that 6.085 high from today; if we can get a sustained push above that, it might suggest a retest of the higher resistance areas we saw earlier in the week. However, the consistent rejections around that 6.00-6.10 zone have me hesitant to call for a strong breakout. The risk, as always, is a quick reversal back towards the 5.80s if the upward momentum can't hold, especially if it dips below the daily low of 5.865. Feels a bit like trying to push a wet noodle uphill at the moment, but you never know with nat gas.

1
LIr/futures·by u/liammoreau·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on UGAZ's recent chop

Watching $UGAZ between 10.61 and 11.25 today, it's been pretty range-bound. I'm seeing a possible inverse head and shoulders forming if it can hold above 10.50, but a break below 10.20 would probably invalidate that scenario for me, suggesting more downside.

3
TOr/futures·by u/torThailand·2moAnalysis

Watching SLV Around 53, Potential Headwind Ahead

Been keeping an eye on $SLV today, it’s pushed up nicely past 52, currently around 52.59, and even touched 53.325 earlier. While the daily move is certainly bullish, I’m seeing some potential resistance coming into play right around the 53.5-54 zone. This area was a pretty significant pivot point back in March and April, acting as both support and resistance at different times. If we can get a clear close above 54 on the daily chart, that would obviously invalidate my caution and signal a stronger move. Until then, I’m viewing this rally with a bit more skepticism as it approaches what I see as a fairly well-established ceiling.

6
OKr/futures·by u/obi_k·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on Micro Gold $MGC and the 271.50 Level

Been watching $MGC pretty closely these last few sessions, and the area around 271.50 feels like it's developing into a key resistance. We saw it touch that level today, hitting 271.451 before pulling back. To me, it suggests a potential for a short-term reversal or consolidation if we can't break and hold above it. I'm thinking a move above 271.50 with some conviction would invalidate that immediate bearish lean, potentially opening the door to the upper end of its recent range. Conversely, failure to sustain any push through there might see it drift back towards the 269.00 area, maybe even testing that day low of 269.03. Always a game of probabilities, but that 271.50 is my current pivot point to watch.

37
JHr/futures·by u/jhernandez·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on $BRN's recent action

Been watching $BRN for a bit, and that push past 1.06 today is interesting. It's holding above that level, which could be a decent re-accumulation zone if it consolidates here. My line in the sand would probably be a sustained break back below 1.04; if it dips much lower, especially towards the intraday low, I'd consider that scenario invalid for now and look for further downside.

13
LUr/futures·by u/lukanagy·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on $DOGE after this recent move

Been watching $DOGE and it's doing its usual thing after that run up yesterday. We're seeing it pull back hard, currently hovering around the $0.06977 mark, with the day's low at $0.068709. What's concerning to me is the lack of a strong bounce from that $0.068 area, which I thought might act as some decent support. If we break and hold below $0.068 consistently, I think we'll be looking at a retest of the $0.065-0.066 region pretty quickly. The volume on this downside move isn't insignificant either, which isn't exactly encouraging for a quick reversal.

My take is that if we don't reclaim $0.071 with conviction in the next few hours, then the path of least resistance is lower. The setup for a continuation of the downtrend from this $0.069 zone is looking more likely than a swift recovery. A clear break above $0.072476, the day's high, would invalidate this bearish outlook for me, but that seems a stretch right now. Just my two cents, always open to being wrong.

6
EMr/futures·by u/eva_m·2moAnalysis

NZDJPY: Watching 94.84 for a rejection

Been eyeing $NZDJPY this morning after it hit yesterday's high again around 94.84. Feels like a pretty clear rejection level if it can't push through here; a clean break above would invalidate that idea for me, and I'd be looking for continuation. Otherwise, a turn back down opens up some room to the downside, perhaps towards the daily open at 94.45.

2
NSr/futures·by u/nsuwannarat·2moAnalysis

MXNJPY ดูเหมือนยังลุ้น 9.4 ได้อีก

เห็น $MXNJPY เล่นอยู่ที่ 9.351 นี่ก็เริ่มลังเลว่าจะไปต่อไหมนะ แต่ดูจากกรอบวันก่อนหน้าที่ขึ้นไปถึง 9.3835 แล้วยังไม่หลุดกลับลงมามาก ผมว่าก็ยังน่าลุ้นว่ามีแรงส่งไปทดสอบแถวๆ 9.4 ได้อีกรอบนึงนะ แต่ถ้าหลุด 9.326 ลงมาอีกทีก็คงต้องกลับไปนั่งดูใหม่แล้วล่ะ