r/technical-analysis

Technical Analysis

Post

Charts, patterns, indicators and price action.

0 members· Forex
4

Looking at $KC and the 10.20-10.25 support

Been watching $KC pretty closely the past few sessions. We had that decent run-up, and now it looks like it's trying to consolidate. The 10.20-10.25 zone, especially today's low around 10.2366, seems to be acting as some sort of initial support. It's not super strong conviction yet, but it's holding after a minor dip. I'm keeping an eye on whether it can hold this level and perhaps build a base for another move, or if it's just a temporary bounce before further downside.

My primary concern, which would invalidate any short-term bullish outlook for me, would be a clear break and sustained close below 10.20. If it chops around that level for a bit and then gives way, especially on higher volume, that suggests the selling pressure is still very much in play. Conversely, a quick push back above today's open and a hold of 10.50 would be a decent sign of strength. Right now, it's just range-bound around that potential support.

1

KC Futures - That 10.20 Support

Watching $KC futures today, that 10.20ish level seems to be holding up, but barely. We've tapped it a few times and bounced, which could indicate some underlying demand, or it could be a dead cat getting ready for another leg down. My conviction for any bounce fades if we get a decisive close below 10.15, that would invalidate the support narrative for me pretty quickly and I'd be looking for lower.

5

Watching NZDJPY around 92.80

Been keeping an eye on $NZDJPY today, and it's had a pretty decent run up, currently sitting around 92.585. What's caught my attention is the previous resistance level around 92.807, which was the high from back on May 2nd. It's also the high for today so far, so it's clearly a level that's been on people's minds.

I'm curious to see how price interacts with that 92.80 area. If it can push through and hold above it, then we might be looking at a continuation higher, perhaps testing some of the earlier highs from April. However, if it gets rejected there, especially after such a strong intraday move, then we could see a pullback towards the 92.00-92.20 zone. For me, a decisive close above 92.80 on the daily would invalidate that short-term resistance idea, suggesting further upside. Conversely, a clear rejection and move back below, say, 92.40 might signal some exhaustion.

2

$AAVE - watching that 86-87 level closely

I'm looking at $AAVE today, trading around 88.46. It's been range-bound for a bit now, but that 86-87 area seems to be a pretty important pivot point. We've seen bounces from there recently, and if it holds, I could see it testing the 90-91 range again. If it breaks decisively below 86 on any significant volume, though, my read on the short-term structure is pretty much invalidated, and we'd likely see a move towards 82-83. Just my two cents, obviously, things can always turn on a dime.

9

$BRENT at 78.35 - pushing resistance or just noise?

Looking at $BRENT pushing into the 78.35 area today. This level has been pretty sticky on the daily, acting as resistance for a bit now. If it can hold above 78.50 on a closing basis, we might see some follow-through higher, but I'm wary of a possible fakeout given the speed of the recent move; a close back below 77.50 would suggest this pop is just noise and invalidates any immediate bullish case I'm considering. Could be a decent scalp setup if it consolidates, but I'm not seeing conviction for a sustained breakout just yet.

1

$TRYUSD hovering at a strange spot, what's everyone seeing?

Been watching $TRYUSD this morning and it's just hugging the 0.02135 mark. On my charts, that area has been a pretty solid support recently, but the bounce back hasn't been convincing at all. Volume feels a bit thin too, which makes me think this could either be a good spot for a reversal if we get some buying pressure, or it's a weak hold before a further dip. If it breaks decisively below 0.02134, I'd probably reassess any bullish bias, as that would invalidate the recent higher lows I've been tracking. Anyone else seeing similar indecision or have a different take on this specific level?

13

Understanding Position Sizing: Not Just How Much, But How Smart

Alright folks, let's talk position sizing, because throwing money at the market like a drunken sailor with a lottery ticket is a quick way to regret. It's not just about how many shares of $FI you can afford at $63.8; it's about defining your acceptable loss before you enter the trade. If your stop on $XYZ is at $77.00 and you buy at $78.93, that's almost a $2 risk per share. Calculate how many shares you can own so that if that stop gets hit, you don't blow up your entire trading account, or even just a significant chunk you can't emotionally recover from. Preservation of capital isn't just a fancy phrase, it's the only way you get to play another day.

1

มุมมองต่อ $WOLF ที่บริเวณ 34 เหรียญ

สวัสดีครับทุกท่าน วันนี้ขอมาแชร์มุมมองส่วนตัวสำหรับ $WOLF ที่เพิ่งร่วงลงมาพอสมควร จริงๆ ก็ตามมาดูอยู่พักใหญ่แล้ว แต่ยังไม่ได้จังหวะที่คิดว่าน่าสนใจ

ที่ระดับราคาปัจจุบันแถวๆ 34 เหรียญ ดูเหมือนจะเป็นโซนที่น่าจับตาเป็นพิเศษ ถ้าลองดูชาร์ตรายวันย้อนหลัง จะเห็นว่าบริเวณนี้เคยเป็นแนวรับสำคัญมาหลายครั้งอยู่เหมือนกัน คือเป็นโซนที่มักจะมีการเด้งกลับ หรืออย่างน้อยก็ชะลอการลงอย่างมีนัยยะ ก่อนหน้านี้ก็เคยลงมาทดสอบแถวๆ นี้แล้วก็เด้งกลับไปได้ ผมเองมองว่ามันค่อนข้างจะเป็น 'demand zone' ที่สำคัญนะ ทีนี้ด้วยการลงมาแรงๆ แบบนี้ ก็ต้องมาดูกันว่าแรงขายจะหมดหรือชะลอตัวลงแถวนี้ได้จริงไหม

แน่นอนว่าแผนนี้มีความเสี่ยงค่อนข้างสูงเหมือนกัน ถ้าเกิดว่า $WOLF หลุดต่ำกว่า 33 เหรียญลงไปอย่างมีวอลุ่มหนักๆ ก็อาจจะต้องกลับมาทบทวนกันใหม่ เพราะมันจะแสดงว่าแนวรับสำคัญนี้ต้านทานไม่ไหวแล้ว และมีโอกาสที่จะลงต่อไปหาแนวรับถัดไปที่ต่ำกว่านี้ได้อีกเยอะเลยครับ แต่ถ้าทรงตัวอยู่แถวนี้ได้ หรือมีการกลับตัวขึ้นเล็กน้อย ก็น่าสนใจสำหรับการเฝ้าดูต่อไปนะครับ

0

Understanding Order Types: Market vs. Limit

Hey everyone, wanted to quickly touch on two fundamental order types that are crucial for execution: Market orders and Limit orders. A Market order is basically telling your broker, "Buy/sell this asset now at the best available price." It's great for guaranteed execution, but you're at the mercy of the current bid-ask spread, especially in volatile periods. On the other hand, a Limit order lets you specify the exact price you're willing to buy or sell at. If you want to buy $COMP, you could place a limit buy at, say, 12.80, and it'll only fill if the price reaches that level or lower. You get better price control, but there's no guarantee your order will fill if the market moves away from your specified price. Both have their uses depending on your strategy and urgency.

9

Watching $AIQ at 64.33 resistance

Keep an eye on $AIQ. We're right up against that 64.33 level, which has been pretty sticky overhead. If it can push through and hold above that for a few candles, then we might see some follow-through. The risk, of course, is if it gets rejected hard here and drops back towards the 63.11 area, invalidating any immediate breakout scenario. Just watching the tape to see how it resolves.

1

Watching for a Netflix bounce off 75.70 support

I'm looking at $NFLX today, specifically around that intraday low of 75.71. It dipped right to that level and showed a bit of a buying tail, which could suggest some support is forming there. If we get a strong close above 76.00 and can hold that area tomorrow, I'd consider a push towards 77.80 plausible. The risk here, of course, is if 75.70 breaks cleanly; then we could be looking at a retest of lower support zones, possibly 75.00 or below.

7

Watching EUR/GBP at 0.8545 - Potential Support Test

Been keeping an eye on $EURGBP today, and it's currently flirting with that 0.8545 level. It's dipped just below it during the day, hitting 0.85451, but has managed to bounce back slightly. From my charts, this area has acted as a decent floor in the past, so I'm curious to see if it holds again.

My concern, and what would invalidate this as a potential support test for me, would be a sustained close well below 0.8545, especially if we see momentum pick up on the downside. If it starts to really chew through that level and push towards 0.8530 without much resistance, then my read on it as a strong support would be off. Just watching the price action closely for now.

1

Thoughts on $COMP resistance

Watching $COMP around the $13.18 level today. It's been a persistent area of resistance on the intraday charts. We saw it rejected there again earlier. If it can clear and hold above that, perhaps a move towards $13.50+ is on the cards. A sustained break below $12.50 would invalidate that idea for me, suggesting the recent bounce might be fading.

1

Understanding Risk-Reward: It's More Than Just a Ratio

Too often I see newer traders fixate on hitting a perfect 1:2 or 1:3 risk-reward ratio, thinking that's the holy grail. While the ratio is crucial, it's really the probability of hitting your target versus your stop that makes it effective. A 1:3 ratio on a trade with a 20% win rate is far worse than a 1:1 ratio on a trade with a 70% win rate, for example. It's about finding high-probability setups that also offer a decent risk-reward, not just forcing a favorable ratio onto every trade. For instance, looking at $NFLX today, currently around $76.265. If you're eyeing a breakout trade, your stop needs to be at a logical technical level, not just an arbitrary percentage away, to give the trade room to breathe while still defining your maximum loss.

0

TCEHY: Testing 55.00 support, what are we seeing?

Been watching $TCEHY pretty closely this week. We're currently sitting right on what I've identified as a pretty significant support level around 55.00. It's been acting as a floor on a few occasions recently, and seeing it hold again, at least for now, is interesting.

My take is if we see a sustained break below 54.80 on decent volume, that would invalidate this short-term support idea for me, and I'd be looking for the next level down. Above 55.80, the picture changes for the better. Just my thoughts, always open to other perspectives.

1

Understanding a Breakout in $WOLF

Looking at $WOLF's recent action, it's a good time to discuss what a breakout really entails, especially on heavy volume. Today's drop below 40 after opening much higher could be seen by some as a failed breakout attempt, particularly given the preceding days of ranging price action. Often, a true breakout will see price sustain above a resistance level, like the previous intraday high of around 46.8627, consolidating there before a further move up. When it rejects so sharply and drops to 39.0401 on such high volume, it signals strong selling pressure that overpowers initial buying, suggesting the level wasn't truly breached with conviction. It's a reminder that a candlestick poking above a level doesn't always equal a successful breakout; sustained follow-through and consolidation are key.

1

$SPY finding resistance at 750

Watching $SPY this week, it feels like we're hitting a pretty clear ceiling around the 750-751 range. Been testing it multiple times and failing to hold above it convincingly. To me, a sustained break and hold above 751.50 on decent volume would invalidate that resistance view, opening up the possibility of a move higher. Conversely, a strong rejection here could see us retesting the 740 area again, or even lower if momentum really shifts. Not making any calls, just observing the repeated struggle at this level.

1

Quick Look: Head and Shoulders on the Macro

Alright, everyone. Let's talk a quick bit about one of the most recognized reversal patterns out there: the Head and Shoulders. It's not rocket science, but understanding its structure and implications can save you some grief, or at least prepare you for a shift.

Basically, you're looking for three peaks, with the middle one (the 'head') being the highest, flanked by two lower peaks (the 'shoulders'). Crucially, you need a 'neckline' – that's the support level connecting the low points between these peaks. The real signal comes when price definitively breaks below this neckline, often with increased volume. Once that neckline is breached, the general expectation is a move downwards roughly equivalent to the distance from the head's peak to the neckline itself.

Think about it logically. You've had a strong bullish trend, then momentum wanes a bit (first shoulder). It pushes higher again for a new high (the head), but then buyers struggle, push it up one last time (second shoulder), but can't even get to the head's level. The underlying support (neckline) eventually gives way, showing that the sellers are now firmly in control. It's a classic case of bullish exhaustion turning into bearish dominance. Now, it's not foolproof, nothing is, but recognizing it early gives you a heads-up that the party might be over for the current trend. Keep an eye out for these. Like with anything, context is king.

18

Understanding the Ascending Triangle: A Quick Look

The ascending triangle is a fairly common bullish continuation pattern, typically forming during an uptrend. You'll spot it with a flat resistance level at the top and a rising trendline connecting higher lows at the bottom. Essentially, buyers are getting more aggressive, pushing the price up against a clear ceiling until eventually, they manage to break through. A good example might be watching $WETH's recent moves – while not a perfect setup, that persistent buying interest against a stubborn resistance could be a precursor to such a pattern forming. The key is to look for that volume expansion on the breakout for confirmation, otherwise, it's just a lopsided congestion zone ready to trap the unwary.

6

$AUDNZD - Short-term thoughts on the 1.2150 area

Been watching $AUDNZD pretty closely the past few sessions. We're currently hovering right around the 1.21489 mark, which is interesting because it's been a bit of a magnet, or maybe even a pivot, depending on your timeframe.

On the daily, we've had a few tests of this zone, and it hasn't really broken decisively one way or the other. I'm seeing a bit of potential for a head-and-shoulders formation on a lower timeframe if we get a clear rejection here and then a break below, say, 1.2130. That would invalidate the current mini-upside momentum from the 1.2120 area. The risk to that scenario, of course, is if we get a strong close above 1.2160, which would suggest a potential continuation towards 1.2180. The fact that we're struggling to break out of this tight range, especially with the day's range being so limited (1.21489–1.2161), suggests some indecision. Will be interesting to see how it plays out into the close.

6

$BAC - Watching 59 as a potential resistance, but it's a messy chart

Been looking at $BAC again. It's pushing against 59, which has acted as resistance a few times previously on the daily. While it's up today, the intraday range of 57.94–59 suggests some rejection at the high end. Not a clear setup, honestly, the prior few days have been pretty choppy and volume isn't screaming conviction.

My take is that if it consolidates above 59 and holds that level for a couple of days, the picture changes, but until then, I'm cautious. A clear break and close below 57 would invalidate any bullish short-term lean I might have.

1

Understanding Risk-Reward Ratios

A critical aspect of any trade is the risk-reward ratio, which quantifies how much you stand to gain versus how much you stand to lose. For instance, if you set a stop-loss at 122.25 on $KES and a take-profit at 123.50 from a current price of 122.55, your risk is 0.30 units while your reward is 0.95 units, giving you a favorable 1:3.16 risk-reward.

51

Understanding Position Sizing: Not Just How Much, But Why

Alright folks, let's talk position sizing, because it's probably the most critical risk management tool you have, yet it gets sidelined for fancy indicators. It's not just about how many shares of $BABA you buy or how many lots of $EURJPY you trade; it's about defining your acceptable loss before you even enter the trade.

The core concept is simple: you decide how much of your total trading capital you're willing to risk on any single trade. A common starting point is 1% or 2%. So, if you have a $10,000 account and risk 1%, that's $100 per trade. Now, if you're looking at $BABA at 96.14 and your stop-loss is set at, say, 95.14, that's a $1 move per share. To keep your risk at $100, you can only buy 100 shares ($1 x 100 shares = $100). If your stop was tighter, say at 95.64 ($0.50 risk per share), you could buy 200 shares. See how it works? The size of your position adjusts based on your stop-loss and your fixed risk percentage, not some arbitrary number. This single discipline prevents any one trade, even a good setup gone wrong, from wiping you out. Ignore this at your peril.

3

Watching $CL around that 69.26 high - can it hold?

Been keeping an eye on Crude this morning, and $CL pushing up to that 69.26 high from earlier. If we get a sustained break and retest of that level as support, it could signal further upside, but frankly, this current push feels a bit stretched. My concern is a false break followed by a swift rejection back towards the 68.70s, which would obviously invalidate any bullish short-term structure I'm seeing up here.

6

EURJPY: Watching the 184.60-70 region closely

I'm still observing $EURJPY with interest, particularly around the current 184.60-70 levels. We've had a strong push this morning, but I'm hesitant to call for a continued breakout without seeing more conviction past this area. If we fail to sustain above 184.70 and start printing candles with wicks rejecting higher prices, I'd consider that a potential short-term exhaustion signal, invalidating the upside for now and perhaps pointing to a retracement back towards 184.00.

35

Understanding Risk-Reward Ratios for Entry Points

Hey everyone, trying to get my head around risk-reward ratios more clearly. For instance, if $WETH is trading at 1.21 and I'm looking at a potential long, I'm thinking about where I'd place my stop loss versus my take profit. If my stop is at 1.15 and my target is 1.33, that's a 0.06 risk for a 0.12 reward, making it a 1:2 risk-reward ratio. What are some of your preferred minimum ratios, especially when the market is seeing a decent move like $WETH did today from 1.12 up to 1.21?