r/options

Options Trading

Post

Options strategies, greeks, volatility.

0 members· Options & Derivatives
0

$USLV pushing highs, watch for exhaustion

Noticing $USLV at 15.82 after a significant day range; it's pushing the 16.19 high but seems to be losing steam, which makes me think of an exhaustion candle, particularly if it can't hold above 16.00 by close and consolidates lower. That said, a clean break and hold above 16.20 would invalidate my thought process and could see it run higher.

6
NIr/options·by u/nicole26·1moAnalysis

EMXC - A Look at Recent Action Around 94.70

Been watching $EMXC consolidate for a bit here, specifically around the 94.70 mark. It seems to have found some resistance there on a couple of attempts recently, peaking out today around 95.34 before settling back. The range for the day was 93.71-95.34 which doesn't give a lot of breathing room, but the close near 94.72 suggests indecision at this pivot point.

From an options perspective, I'm thinking about how implied volatility might react if we get a sustained break one way or the other. If it can clear 95.50 and hold, that might suggest a re-test of higher levels seen last month. Conversely, a clear rejection and move back towards 93.00 would open up questions about the broader short-term uptrend. My invalidation for any immediate bullish lean would be a close below 93.50, as that would likely signal a re-evaluation of the current structure. It's just a level to watch, not a trade call.

2
FAr/options·by u/farid10·1moDiscussion

Watching $PLTR for IV after this move

It's been quite a day for Palantir, up over 10% and hitting 172.41 at its intraday high. I'm curious what everyone's seeing in the implied volatility for calls, especially those further out. Is anyone thinking this kind of move sets up for some interesting straddle or strangle plays on a retrace, or are we just pricing in more momentum?

My primary concern, of course, is if this move is sustained or if we see a quick fade. If it gives back a good portion of these gains quickly, then selling premium around this level might be tough. What are others thinking about the sustainability and its impact on options pricing going forward?

-1

Watching CADUSD at this 0.7170-0.7180 area, potential for a fade

Been keeping an eye on $CADUSD today and it's certainly had a decent run up into this 0.7170-0.7180 zone. We just hit 0.7177 a bit ago, which is pretty close to yesterday's high and a level that acted as some resistance a few sessions back. I'm not seeing a massive amount of conviction breaking through here just yet. The bounce from 0.7131 was strong, but now it feels like we're pressing against something.

My thinking is that if we can't decisively clear 0.7180 and hold above it over the next couple of hours, we could see some profit-taking or a fade back towards 0.7150. The risk, of course, is a clean break above 0.7180 on sustained volume, which would probably invalidate this short-term resistance idea and potentially open up a move towards 0.7200+. Just sharing what I'm looking at, interested to hear if anyone else is watching this pair today.

11
MMr/options·by u/macro_mariamUnited Arab Emirates·1moAnalysis

EEM looking a bit stretched around 65.90

I'm looking at $EEM today, and while the momentum has been decent, the 65.90 area seems to be a sticky spot. We've seen a couple of rejections there recently, and the day's high of 65.94 today suggests it's still acting as resistance. If it manages to push decisively through 66.00 and hold, that would certainly invalidate this short-term resistance observation, but for now, I'm just noting the prior price action.

1

มุมมองต่อ $ETHUSD บริเวณ 1900 ดอลลาร์

ส่วนตัวกำลังเฝ้าดู $ETHUSD บริเวณ 1900 ดอลลาร์อย่างใกล้ชิด คิดว่าช่วงราคานี้มีความสำคัญพอสมควร ถ้าลองดูในกราฟรายวันจะเห็นว่ามีการกลับมาทดสอบแนวรับที่เคยเป็นแนวต้านบ่อยครั้งในช่วงที่ผ่านมา แม้วันนี้จะยังทรงๆ อยู่ที่ 1912.24 ดอลลาร์ แต่แรงขายที่ผ่านมาก็ยังไม่เด่นชัดเจนเท่าที่ควร ผมมองว่าถ้าหลุดระดับ 1900 ลงไปอย่างมีนัยสำคัญ อาจจะเห็นแรงเทขายเพิ่มขึ้นและมีโอกาสที่จะลงไปทดสอบระดับต่ำกว่าได้ แต่ถ้าสามารถรักษาระดับเหนือ 1900 ไว้ได้ ก็ยังพอมีลุ้นที่จะสร้างฐานและกลับขึ้นไปได้อีกครั้ง

ความเสี่ยงหลักๆ ที่ผมเห็นคือถ้าตลาดคริปโตโดยรวมเกิดการเทขายอย่างรุนแรง หรือมีข่าวร้ายที่มากระทบความเชื่อมั่นของนักลงทุนโดยตรง นั่นอาจจะทำให้แนวรับนี้เอาไม่อยู่และราคาดิ่งลงไปได้ง่ายๆ ซึ่งผมก็เตรียมแผนรับมือไว้แล้วหากสถานการณ์ไม่เป็นไปตามที่คาดหวัง ไม่ได้บอกให้ซื้อหรือขายนะครับ แค่แบ่งปันมุมมองส่วนตัวเพื่อการพิจารณาครับ

2
SFr/options·by u/souza_felipe·1moAnalysis

$ETHUSD holding that 1900-ish level for dear life

Watching $ETHUSD again today and it's clinging to that 1900 support like a barnacle on a ship. We've seen it bounce off there a few times now, which suggests there's some underlying buying interest, or perhaps just a collective agreement not to let it drop. If it breaks decisively below the low from earlier today, say 1890, my current thesis for a potential bounce starts looking a bit threadbare. It's always a fun game of 'will it or won't it'.

41
VVr/options·by u/value_vik·1moAnalysis

Thoughts on PLTR and the 150-152 level for options traders

Hey everyone,

Been watching $PLTR closely lately, especially with the recent activity around the 150-152 range. Today's close around 155.92 is interesting after touching 152 earlier. From an options perspective, I'm noting that 150 has shown some sticky support on several occasions over the last few weeks. It feels like there's a decent amount of open interest accumulating at the 150 strike, both calls and puts, suggesting it could be a psychological pivot point. I'm thinking about potential iron condor strategies around that range if the volatility continues to settle, aiming to profit from the stock staying range-bound. However, the price has been quite volatile around earnings reports, so any such strategy would require careful management.

My primary concern is a decisive break below 150, especially if it's accompanied by increased volume. If $PLTR breaches 150 and starts trending towards, say, 148 or lower, that would invalidate a lot of the short-term range-bound assumptions I'm making. In that scenario, I'd expect to see a quick unwind of some of the options positions at 150, potentially leading to an accelerated move down. The upside seems capped around 160-162 for now, so a move above that would also shift my view. Just my two cents on what I'm seeing out there.

2
FAr/options·by u/fatima98·1moAnalysis

$SSE – Sitting on thin ice at 0.15

Watching $SSE with some concern here. That candle yesterday, closing at 0.1567 after a day's range down to 0.15, looks like it's trying to hold onto 0.15. That level has been a decent support zone, or at least a place where buyers have stepped in previously. If it cracks cleanly below 0.15 on decent volume, I think we're looking at a swift move lower. The risk, for anyone considering a bounce play, is clearly a decisive break of that 0.15 floor. I'm not touching it until it shows a clear defense of that level, or a capitulation below it.

4
CCr/options·by u/chart_chai_th·1moAnalysis

$EMXC - Watching for a move out of this range

The $EMXC has been consolidating around the 93-94 level for a bit, with today's intraday low hitting 92.95. I'm keeping an eye on whether it can break convincingly above 94.895, or if we see a test of the lower range around 92. The risk for me would be a sustained close below 92.50, which would suggest more downside pressure.

0

USO's Grind Higher and Implied Volatility

Watching $USO today, it's been a bit of a grind higher, pushing towards the upper end of its daily range around 119.73. What's interesting is not just the price action itself, but how implied volatility is behaving on this move. With the underlying continuing to push, I'm keeping an eye on whether this current bullish momentum starts to feel

0
TMr/options·by u/taylor_m·1moAnalysis

CSPR - Watching the 6.80 resistance and a potential call spread

Been watching $CSPR for a while now, and it's interesting to see it flirt with the 6.80 level again. It's acted as pretty strong resistance multiple times in the past. If it can get a sustained move above that on decent volume, I'd be looking at a potential bullish scenario. My thinking is a move towards the 7.20-7.30 range, which was previous support that flipped resistance earlier in the year.

From an options perspective, if we see that break above 6.80, I'd consider a call spread, maybe selling the 7.50 strike and buying the 7.00. The risk that invalidates this entire idea, of course, is a rejection at 6.80, pushing it back towards the 6.50s. If it breaks back down below 6.60, the bullish bias is off the table for me. It's a tricky one given the sideways action recently, but the setup could be there.

6
EMr/options·by u/eva_m·1moAnalysis

$PYUSD: Observing Continued Compression at 0.9999

Been watching $PYUSD's range tighten up quite a bit, particularly noting resistance around the 0.9999 level. It feels like the market is coiling, and the intraday moves between 0.9993 and 0.99995 really highlight that. If we see a sustained break above 0.99995, that would invalidate the current compression pattern I'm observing and likely suggest a new dynamic in play.

4
RGr/options·by u/rossi_greta·1moAnalysis

Thoughts on $EMXC and potential range plays

Been looking at $EMXC again today, currently hovering around 94.495. It's been a bit of a grind, but the recent range between roughly 92.95 and 94.89 is interesting. I'm wondering if we're setting up for a move to retest that 94.89 upper bound, possibly even pushing a bit higher before finding resistance. The volume seems to be picking up slightly on these moves, which could signal some directional intent.

My concern, however, would be a strong break below that 92.95 level. If it loses that support convincingly, I'd have to rethink any bullish leanings on a short-term range play. Could invalidate the current consolidation idea pretty quickly. Just my observations, still trying to get a feel for its next move.

5
BWr/options·by u/brianna.white·1moAnalysis

$KWEB: Watching the 28.50 Level for Clarity

Been keeping an eye on $KWEB, and it's certainly had a volatile ride lately. What's catching my attention is the current struggle around the 28.50 area. We've seen some support build there in the past, but the recent downside pressure seems to be testing its resolve. If it manages to hold, it could suggest a temporary consolidation before another attempt higher, but a decisive break below 28.45 would invalidate that idea for me and likely open up a path towards the mid-27s. It's a key zone to watch for anyone playing China tech via options, as a move either way could trigger some significant shifts in implied volatility.

2
SSr/options·by u/sanjay_s·1moAnalysis

Thoughts on $SAP's recent action

Watching $SAP today, it's interesting to see it pushing towards that 199 level after a decent run. If it can clear that cleanly, especially with some volume behind it, I'd be looking for a potential continuation, but a rejection there, especially if it dips back below 194.88, would make me reconsider that bullish outlook pretty quickly.

2
LSr/options·by u/lschmidtGermany·1moAnalysis

Watching $TOP for a potential bounce or further downside break

Been keeping an eye on $TOP today. It's had a pretty significant dip, currently trading around 10.45, down from the open. What's catching my attention is the current daily low at 9.33. If we see a retest of that 9.33 level and it holds, I'd be looking at whether it can establish some support there. A bounce from that zone could indicate some buying interest emerging after the initial sell-off.

However, the flip side is equally important. A clear break and close below 9.33 on decent volume would really invalidate that support scenario for me and suggest further downside is likely in the short term. The range today, from 9.33 to 11.12, shows quite a bit of volatility, so any potential move either way would need to be watched carefully for confirmation.

0
ANr/options·by u/anjali29·1moAnalysis

Watching $USDZAR at current levels, thinking about options hedges

Been keeping an eye on $USDZAR today, particularly around the 16.32 level. We saw a push up to 16.3523 earlier, and it's since pulled back slightly but is still holding above the 16.30 mark. For anyone long ZAR assets, the recent consolidation around here after the previous run-up feels like a potential inflection point.

I'm considering whether to layer in some protective put spreads on the ZAR or a call spread on $USDZAR if we see a sustained break above 16.35. The risk, as I see it, would be a strong move back below 16.29, which would negate the current upward pressure. If that happens, any bullish options position would obviously be in trouble. For now, it's a waiting game to confirm the direction, but the current daily candle formation is interesting enough to warrant attention for potential hedges.

0
DOr/options·by u/doyun74·1moAnalysis

Thoughts on RBLX and its current support

Been watching $RBLX after the recent drop. It's found some footing around the 35.50-36.00 area, which acted as previous support a few months back. I'm looking at potential mean reversion, but a clear break below 35.00, especially on higher volume, would likely invalidate that idea and suggest further downside is in play. The volatility feels a bit suppressed around these levels, which could mean a coil before a bigger move.

2
KEr/options·by u/kevin76·1moAnalysis

Watching $TOP after the recent dip

Been keeping an eye on $TOP after the drop to 10.45 today. It bounced off its lows around 9.33 which is a positive sign, but it's hard to tell if this is just a dead cat bounce or if it's found some real support. The prior resistance around the 11.12 mark seems to be acting as a lid for now. I'm looking at potential plays if it can consolidate above 10.50, but if it drops back below 9.30 on any significant volume, that would pretty much invalidate any bullish lean I have right now. Just my two cents, still observing.

0
SSr/options·by u/sanjay_s·1moDiscussion

KWEB: Thoughts on the 28.50 level and potential bounce

Been watching $KWEB pretty closely the past few sessions. It seems to be holding around the 28.50 area, which has acted as some form of support multiple times in the last month. Today's close near there, after bouncing from an intraday low of 28.45, makes me wonder if we're seeing some consolidation before a potential move higher.

My concern, and what would invalidate this idea for me, is a sustained break below 28.30. If it starts trading consistently under that, then the previous support could easily become resistance, and we might see a move towards 27 or even lower. Just curious if anyone else is seeing similar action or has other levels they're watching on KWEB.

2
TAr/options·by u/takeshitanaka·1moAnalysis

KWEB: Looking at the 28.50 level and potential for a bounce

Watching $KWEB here, specifically the 28.50 area. It's been a bit of a grind, and while the broader sentiment for Chinese tech remains cautious, we're seeing it test what looks like a relatively significant support level that's held a few times in the past couple of weeks. If it can find some footing around here, a short-term bounce towards 29.00-29.20 wouldn't be surprising, potentially setting up a covered call play for those looking to manage some downside risk while extracting a bit of premium. The main risk, of course, is a definitive break below 28.30 on any sustained volume, which would invalidate this thesis and likely open up a move towards the 27.50 range. It's a tricky one given the macro headwinds, so position sizing would be key if entertaining anything here.

0
DIr/options·by u/diegowilliams·1moAnalysis

ADBE pushing 258, vol implications

Watching $ADBE's push past 258. I'm seeing open interest building on calls around the 260 strike, which suggests some believe this breakout has legs. The implied volatility on those strikes might see some compression if it fails to hold above 258.54; if it starts to retrace back towards 255, my bias for a continued move up would be significantly reduced. This area feels critical for the short-term directional bias.

14
TAr/options·by u/takin25395443·1moAnalysis

$UGAZ - The Natural Gas Gamble and Vanna Risk

Been watching $UGAZ with a mix of fascination and mild horror lately. It's like trying to catch a greased pig on ice sometimes. The daily range today from 10.61 to 11.25, hovering around 10.82 as I write, isn't exactly screaming 'stability.' What's been on my mind, especially for anyone playing shorter-dated options here, is the Vanna risk.

We've seen some pretty aggressive moves in implied volatility (IV) on natural gas products. If that IV suddenly takes a dive, say, on some unexpected news or a significant inventory build that settles the market down for a bit, then even if the underlying price stays relatively flat, the delta of your options can change significantly due to Vanna. It's the kind of subtle kick in the teeth that can turn a seemingly neutral position into a losing one, or at least one that requires more active management than anticipated. I've been thinking about straddles and strangles around current levels, but the idea of Vanna eating away at profits if IV decides to chill out is a real deterrent. Just something to keep in mind, especially with expiry getting closer on some of the short-term contracts. I'm personally staying light until I see a clearer commitment in either direction, or a more stable IV environment.

5
TLr/options·by u/tuan_le·1moAnalysis

$US30 - Watching the 54200 retest

Been eyeing $US30 today and it's putting in a decent move, currently trading around 54085. The fascinating part for me is how it's testing the 54200 level, which has been a sticky point recently. If we see a solid rejection there and it starts to give up these gains, particularly if it dips back below 54000, then my current constructive view on a potential breakout gets a bit cloudy; I'd need to reassess if this is just another fakeout at resistance. This market loves to play mind games.

2
JMr/options·by u/james.moreau·1moAnalysis

Watching PLTR's move and IV

That $PLTR move today was something, up near 30%. I'm looking at the implications for options. We're well above that prior resistance at $140, but the run-up to $164.51 has pushed implied volatility quite high, which makes short premium plays more attractive in theory. However, with this kind of momentum, selling calls into strength feels like picking pennies in front of a steamroller without a clear reversal signal. The risk here is obviously continued parabolic movement; if it holds above today's high and consolidates, a pullback might still be relatively shallow. But if it quickly drops back below $145, a lot of that premium could get crushed fast. Just something to watch, not trading it myself at these levels yet.

8
ESr/options·by u/emilio_s·1moAnalysis

USDCAD and the 1.4080 level – thoughts on potential range or breakout

Been watching $USDCAD pretty closely today, and that 1.4080 level seems to be acting like a bit of a magnet, or at least a temporary ceiling. It's been tested a couple of times now, and if we can't break and hold above it with some conviction, I'd expect us to potentially retreat back towards the intraday low around 1.40349. The risk here, of course, is a clear break above 1.4080, which would probably invalidate the range-bound idea and suggest further upside, but for now, it's holding firm.