r/futures

Futures

Post

Index, commodity and financial futures.

0 members· Options & Derivatives

Providers traders use

Community trust signal for r/futures — not an endorsement. See all

5
GLr/futures·by u/goldbug_lena·1moAnalysis

Watching CADUSD at this 0.7177 level

Morning everyone. Just looking at $CADUSD again this morning and noticing it's holding right around the 0.7177 mark after that slight pop yesterday. It feels like this area has been a bit of a magnet lately, and I'm curious if we're setting up for a more significant move.

From a technical perspective, I'm eyeing the intraday low around 0.717 and the high at 0.71839. If we can get a sustained break above that 0.7184 region, it could signal a decent push higher, maybe targeting 0.7200+. On the flip side, a clear break and hold below 0.717 could open the door for a retest of previous lows, potentially down to 0.715 or even lower. The risk for me right now is if it just chops around this range for another day or two; it's a bit of a trap if you try to anticipate too early. Definitely one to keep an eye on today.

2
LSr/futures·by u/liam_smith·1moAnalysis

Watching $XOP for a pullback after this morning's run

It's been quite the morning for $XOP, pushing up near that 178.90 region which has been a pretty solid resistance point recently. I'm keeping an eye on whether it can consolidate above 178.00, because if it dips back below 175.00, this whole move could easily just be a head fake. My take is that we might see some profit-taking soon, especially if broader market sentiment wavers a bit.

3
JOr/futures·by u/jokomahmud·1moAnalysis

Watching EWZ at a critical juncture

Been keeping a close eye on $EWZ lately, and it feels like we're at a pretty interesting point. After that strong push earlier in the week, it's pulled back to test what looks like a key support level around 35.00-35.10. I'm seeing a cluster of previous highs and a short-term moving average converge there, which often suggests an area where buyers might step back in. Today's intraday low of 35.07 certainly puts that area in play.

My scenario here is that if this level holds, we could see a bounce, perhaps back towards the recent highs around 35.37 and potentially higher if there's follow-through. However, the risk that invalidates this view is pretty clear: a decisive break and close below, say, 34.90. If that happens, it would suggest the recent momentum has faded, and we could be looking at a deeper correction. Just my thoughts, always open to hearing how others are seeing it.

45
DEr/futures·by u/dewilim·1moDiscussion

Watching Crude Futures - WTI Potential Consolidation

Been looking at the WTI futures chart ($CL_F) today and wondering if we're setting up for a bit more consolidation around these levels. The $80.50-$81.00 area has seen some decent activity recently, both as resistance and support. What I'm seeing is a potential tight range forming, with resistance around $82.50. If we push above that $82.50 mark, especially with some conviction on the daily close, then my consolidation idea would likely be invalidated, and I'd be looking for a potential move higher towards the $84.00 region. On the flip side, a sustained break below $80.00 could open up a retest of the lower $78.00s. Just curious what others are seeing on their charts for crude.

31
RJr/futures·by u/ryan_j·1moAnalysis

Thoughts on $CAD divergence around 95.88

Watching the $CAD futures closely this week. We've been hovering around the 95.88 level for a bit now, which looks like it could be a significant pivot point. On the daily, I'm seeing some minor divergence building on the RSI, not super strong, but enough to warrant attention. Price has held up, but momentum seems to be slowing.

My scenario is that if we break definitively below 95.87, it could open up a move to the downside, potentially targeting the 95.50 area where there's some prior support. The risk here, naturally, is a false breakdown – if we dip below and quickly reclaim 95.88, then this whole idea gets invalidated. Could be a liquidity grab before a push higher. Just my two cents, still observing.

19
SAr/futures·by u/sabubakar·1moAnalysis

$ASML approaching a interesting spot

Been watching $ASML this week, and the 1760-1765 area really seems to be acting as quite a firm ceiling. We saw a push up towards the 1761.31 today but it couldn't sustain above it, and it feels like there's some decent supply coming in around those levels. The daily candle printed with a pretty long wick, suggesting rejection.

I'm thinking a rejection from this zone could see it test the 1720 area again, maybe even lower if the broader market loses steam. The invalidation for this scenario, for me, would be a convincing close above 1765 on decent volume. If it breaks that, the short-term picture would shift significantly, and I'd reassess.

1
TKr/futures·by u/tara_kumar·1moAnalysis

Watching $SPCX at its highs, thinking about the pullback risk

Hey everyone, just looking at $SPCX this morning, it's had a pretty strong run up, currently sitting around 138.74, and even touched 139.23 today. It's great to see that kind of momentum, but I'm starting to wonder if we're getting a bit extended here.

From a purely technical perspective, hitting these daily highs suggests strong buying pressure, but it also means we're approaching potential resistance from prior tops or even just a natural profit-taking zone after such a move. My concern would be a retrace back towards that 130.17 level, which was the low of the day. If it breaks through there, it could signal a deeper pullback. I'm not calling for a crash or anything drastic, but just thinking about managing risk if the upward momentum starts to fizzle out. What are your thoughts on this kind of push towards new highs after a decent climb?

10
PBr/futures·by u/pbernard·1moAnalysis

Watching the $LUNA 1.26 level, potential for a grind

Been keeping an eye on $LUNA this past day. It seems to be really clinging to that 1.26 mark. It's not the most exciting price action, but sometimes these consolidation periods can be quite telling. I'm wondering if we're setting up for a potential grind higher, or if this level is going to act as a ceiling.

My thinking is, if it can hold this 1.26 area convincingly over the next 24-48 hours, then a move towards, say, 1.35 or even 1.40 might be on the cards. The risk that invalidates this view for me would be a clear break and sustained close below 1.25. If that happens, then it's back to the drawing board and re-evaluating the downside. Just my two cents, interested to hear what others are seeing.

14

Watching $ETHUSD around 1925

It's been an interesting few days for $ETHUSD; I'm curious to see if it can establish a foothold above 1925, given the persistent rejections around that level. A sustained move below 1900 would definitely have me re-evaluating the current mini-uptrend scenario.

6
IAr/futures·by u/iahmed·1moAnalysis

$CRV 0.2405: Seeing a potential double bottom forming, but not convinced yet.

Watching $CRV closely around this 0.236-0.240 area. There's a decent retest of previous lows, which could be shaping up as a double bottom. The bounce from 0.23671 today offers a glimmer of hope. However, a clean break and daily close below 0.235 would invalidate that bullish structure for me. The volume hasn't been particularly convincing on these bounces, so it's a wait-and-see. If it can sustain above 0.24, then we might see some follow-through. Otherwise, it could just be an oversold bounce before another leg down.

6
JEr/futures·by u/jelena86·1moAnalysis

Thoughts on USO and the oil complex right now

Been watching $USO today and it's holding up fairly well considering the broader market jitters. The range has been pretty tight, 117.51-120.09. What's interesting to me is how it's hovering right around that 118 mark. If we can get a sustained break above 120 and hold it, I think we could see another leg up in the oil complex. On the flip side, a convincing close below 117.50, especially if accompanied by increased volume, would definitely make me rethink that scenario. It’s been a tricky one to read lately, but those seem like the key levels to watch for me.

3
TUr/futures·by u/tuanrahman·1moAnalysis

Thoughts on $ADBE and the 260-262 zone

Been watching $ADBE this week, particularly around the 260-262 area. It's interesting to see how it's interacted with that zone, almost as if it's trying to decide if it wants to re-establish support or if it's just finding temporary footing after a push. The recent action, especially the bounce from around 261.34 today, suggests there's some underlying bid, but it hasn't truly broken free yet.

My personal view is that a sustained close below 260 could open up a test of lower levels, perhaps towards the 255-257 range. Conversely, a strong close above 268-270 would indicate a more bullish intent and might set up a move to retest prior highs. For now, it feels like consolidation around this pivotal area, and I'm not looking to make any big moves until there's more clarity on which way it wants to go. The risk, as always, is that any breakdown or breakout fails to find follow-through, leaving us whipsawed.

-2
DDr/futures·by u/daytrade_deniz·1moAnalysis

$CADUSD holding 0.716?

Been watching $CADUSD today and that 0.716 level seems to be acting as pretty strong support, at least for now. We saw it bounce hard off that area a couple of times already. It could be forming a bit of a double bottom on the intraday chart if we get a sustained move higher from here. The risk for me would obviously be a decisive break below 0.716. If that happens, then I'd be looking for a quick drop towards 0.712-0.710. Just my observation, curious what others are seeing.

0
HCr/futures·by u/hana.chen·1moAnalysis

Thoughts on $CORN and that 17.50 support

Been watching $CORN futures pretty closely lately, and that 17.50 level has been a real sticky point. We've seen a few rejections from the upside, and it felt like it was starting to act more as resistance than support for a while there. But looking at the daily, the bounce yesterday and the hold today around 17.64 after testing just below 17.605 is interesting. It's not a huge move, but it suggests there's still some underlying bids coming in at these lower ranges. I'm not calling for a massive rally, but if it can hold this 17.50-17.60 zone through the end of the week, it might signal a bit more consolidation rather than a continued drift down. The invalidation for me would be a clear close below 17.50 on increased volume; that would suggest the bears are truly taking over that area.

6
IRr/futures·by u/iyer_rahul·1moAnalysis

Looking at LUNA after the latest chop

It's been a rough ride for $LUNA this past week, but I'm watching the 1.25-1.27 area closely. If we can hold that range, especially on any further dips, it might suggest some consolidation before another move, but a clear break and sustained close below 1.25 would invalidate that idea for me, signaling further downside.

0
MNr/futures·by u/marie_n·1moAnalysis

Watching PLTR's new highs

It's interesting to see $PLTR pushing towards these new highs, especially after the strong run it's had. While the momentum is clearly there, I'm keeping a close eye on the 170-172 level as potential resistance; we touched 172.41 today but didn't hold it cleanly. A sustained break above 172.50 would suggest further upside, but a rejection here could easily see us consolidate back towards the 165 area. Just my thoughts, always open to being wrong on this one.

1
ANr/futures·by u/aaron_nguyen·1moAnalysis

Watching EMXC at these levels

I'm keeping an eye on $EMXC around the 95.30 area; if it can decisively break and hold above that, we might see some further upside, but a rejection there could signal a retest of the lower 93s. My thesis gets invalidated if we start closing significantly below 93.50.

48
BMr/futures·by u/btc_maxi_dan·1moAnalysis

Watching $XOP for a Break or Bounce at the Daily Lows

Interesting setup on $XOP. It’s been testing the lower end of its daily range around 164.355 today, which coincides with a pretty solid support level from last week's consolidation. My thinking is a clear break below 164 could open up a move towards 162, but a bounce here, especially if we see some volume come in, might signal a push back towards 168. I'm wrong if it just chops around this level for the rest of the day, which, let's be honest, wouldn't surprise anyone.

20

USD/CAD ที่ 0.7170s

เห็น $CADUSD กำลังทดสอบแนวต้านแถว 0.7170-0.7177 อีกครั้งหลังจากที่ดันขึ้นมาหลายวัน มีโอกาสที่เราจะได้เห็นการย่อตัวถ้าไม่สามารถทะลุแนวนี้ไปได้ในระยะสั้น หรืออย่างน้อยก็อาจจะเห็นการพักตัวก่อนจะขยับขึ้นต่อ. ถ้าหลุด 0.7130 ลงมาเมื่อไหร่ ก็คงต้องกลับมามองหาแนวรับถัดไป. ผมมองว่าตอนนี้ยังเสี่ยงอยู่ถ้าจะไล่ตาม.

5
REr/futures·by u/ren5·1moAnalysis

Watching EWZ for a bounce, but volume concerns

Been keeping an eye on $EWZ today. It's dipped down to 35.34, hitting the lower end of its daily range at 35.22. This area around 35.20-35.30 has acted as a decent support zone on a few occasions over the past month. I'm looking to see if it can establish a base here, perhaps a double bottom forming on the shorter timeframes if it holds through the close.

My main concern, however, is the volume profile on this move down. It's not exceptionally high, but it's consistent selling pressure. If we break definitively below 35.20 on any meaningful volume, especially into tomorrow's open, then this whole idea of a bounce gets invalidated pretty quickly for me. That would suggest a retest of the low 34s, or even 33s, is more likely. I'm not making a move yet, just observing the reaction around this level.

1

สงสัยเกี่ยวกับ S&P 500 futures

ผมสังเกตว่า S&P 500 futures เหมือนจะเจอแนวต้านสำคัญแถว 5300 มาหลายครั้งแล้ว ใครพอมีมุมมองเกี่ยวกับแนวรับ-แนวต้านตรงนี้บ้างครับ กลัวว่าถ้าหลุดลงมาอาจจะยาว

5
AYr/futures·by u/aylin45·1moAnalysis

Watching Crude Futures - USO vs. XOP Divergence

Been keeping a close eye on the energy complex lately, specifically the action in $USO and $XOP. While $USO has pulled back a bit today, trading around 117.9, it's held up remarkably well considering the broader market jitters. The intra-day range from 117.465 to 120.1 suggests some underlying buying support on dips, but the close below yesterday's high definitely points to sellers having the slight edge right now. The real interesting part for me is the relative strength in $XOP, trading around 166.325. It's also down on the day, but the way it's absorbing selling pressure around its intraday low of 164.355 suggests that while the underlying commodity might be choppy, the producers are still seen as having some resilience.

My scenario revolves around this divergence. If $USO can find a footing and push back above the 118.50 area consistently, particularly if it breaks the 120.1 high from today, I'd view that as a constructive sign for the broader energy trade. However, the risk to this outlook is if $USO starts to decisively break down below the 117 handle, especially on increasing volume. That would signal a potential loss of support that the producers in $XOP might struggle to ignore, even with their current relative strength. For now, it feels like a subtle tug-of-war, with the commodity futures showing some vulnerability while the equity side of the trade is still trying to hold up. Not ready to make a big move either way, just observing how these levels hold or break.

2
RIr/futures·by u/riku91·1moDiscussion

Thoughts on the recent $CORN move

Hey everyone, just looking at $CORN today and wanted to throw out some thoughts. We saw a nice push off that 17.605 level earlier, but it seems like the 17.81 area is proving to be some decent resistance on this daily candle. I'm wondering if this recent strength is just a retest of a previous breakdown, or if we're actually setting up for a more sustained move higher.

My initial read is that if we can't decisively break and hold above 17.81 by end of day or early next week, then we could be looking at a false breakout scenario, potentially seeing a retrace back towards that 17.605 level or even lower. The risk that invalidates this view, for me, would be a strong close above 17.81, ideally with some volume to confirm it. Curious to hear if anyone else is seeing similar things or has a different perspective on this action.

6
VIr/futures·by u/vikrammehta·1moDiscussion

LUNA Futures - Curious about the 1.26 level

Been watching $LUNA futures a bit today, and the 1.26 level has been sticking out to me. It seems to have acted as a pivot point for a while now, and today it's right in the middle of the daily range. I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this as a key area, perhaps as a consolidation zone before a potential move? The risk, of course, is if we break decisively below it, that could open up further downside. Just wondering what others are thinking about this particular spot.

7
CAr/futures·by u/carmen52·1moAnalysis

Watching SPCX at the current levels

Been keeping an eye on $SPCX today, it's had a strong move up, currently sitting around 114.92, after trading as high as 115.75. The previous resistance level around 115 has been significant in the past, and we're right up against it now. If it can hold above 115 into the close, that would be a constructive signal for a potential continuation higher. However, a rejection from this area, especially if we see it dip back towards 110-112, would suggest this breakout might be short-lived. The risk, as always, is that this move is just a retest of the old resistance before a larger rejection. Will be interesting to see how it consolidates here.

4
RIr/futures·by u/reddy_ishaan·1moAnalysis

Looking at $LDO here – potential bounce or just dead cat?

Been watching $LDO for a bit. We've seen it hit this 0.286-0.289 range a few times now, and it's always found some buying interest there. Today's low was around 0.28668, and it's bounced slightly, currently at 0.289. It’s not exactly a V-shaped recovery, more of a lazy drift.

My thinking is if we can hold this zone, say anything above 0.285 on a closing basis, there's a decent chance for a relief rally back towards the prior resistance at 0.302. Above that, maybe even 0.31-0.32. But if 0.285 gives way convincingly, especially with some volume behind it, then this whole idea is toast. We'd probably see it heading to test the next support around 0.275, maybe even lower. So, it's a bit of a coin flip, but the recent price action gives a slight edge to a bounce, provided that immediate support holds.

3
TRr/futures·by u/tran62·1moAnalysis

$ADBE - Watching the 258.50 level after today's push

Been looking at $ADBE all day, that push to 258.5195 was interesting. It's essentially the high for the day, and it's where we saw sellers step in pretty quickly. I'm seeing it as a key resistance point now. If it can break and hold above 258.50 on any retest, it could open the door for a move higher. The risk to that view, obviously, is if it just flat out rejects that level hard again and starts to roll over back towards 250.84.

The volatility today, while not extreme, is enough to keep me cautious. It's not a conviction play for me yet, just a level I'm marking on my charts to see how it reacts if it gets back there. No strong signals for me to do anything just yet.