r/futures

Futures

Post

Index, commodity and financial futures.

0 members· Options & Derivatives

Providers traders use

Community trust signal for r/futures — not an endorsement. See all

4
RTr/futures·by u/rtoth·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on Crude Oil at $70

Watching $CL around the $70 mark today. It's interesting how it keeps nudging up against this level. For me, a clean break and hold above $70.18, maybe on volume, would signal a potential move higher. The risk to that scenario, of course, is a rejection here and a move back towards the $69.67 range or lower, invalidating any immediate bullish thesis.

6
JMr/futures·by u/joao.mendoza·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on NIKKEI Approaching 70k

Watching $NIKKEI action today around the 70k level. It's pushed through that psychological barrier, currently around 70062. The daily range has been significant. If we can hold above 69300 by end of week, it suggests continued strength, potentially targeting the prior high around 70667 before any significant retrace. My concern would be a failure to hold this recent break, especially if we dip back below the daily open of 69302. That could indicate a false breakout and a push back towards the lower end of the week's range, invalidating the bullish momentum.

-1
TUr/futures·by u/tuanrahman·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on $AUDCAD nearing 0.9830-0.9850

Been watching $AUDCAD these past few sessions and it's making a decent push. We're currently sitting around 0.98144, but that zone just above, around 0.9830 up to 0.9850, has been pretty sticky historically. It feels like a key resistance area where we've seen reversals before.

My thinking is that if we can clear that 0.9850 level convincingly, say with a daily close above it, then it might signal a more sustained move higher. But until then, I'm leaning towards the idea that it could see some profit-taking or rejection there. The risk, for me, is if we get a quick, strong break and hold above 0.9850 — that would definitely make me reconsider the downside potential from this zone.

4
CCr/futures·by u/chart_chai_th·2moAnalysis

Watching CL action around $71

I'm keeping a close eye on crude oil ($CL) today, especially how it reacts around that $71 level. We touched it earlier, getting up to $71.15, and have since pulled back a bit. To me, that $71 handle looks like a pretty significant area of previous resistance, and if we can manage to consolidate above it and hold, that might open up a path for further upside. However, if we fail to break through decisively and instead get rejected hard, especially if it dips back below $69.50, I'd consider that a pretty strong invalidation of any immediate bullish momentum, suggesting we might retest the lower range from last week. Curious to see how it plays out into the close.

2
DDr/futures·by u/daytrade_deniz·2moAnalysis

DAX futures - watching 24797 resistance

Been looking at $DAX futures today, saw it hit 24797 earlier. That's a level that's been pretty sticky for the past few sessions. If we can punch through and hold above it, I'd consider a push towards 24900-25000 entirely plausible. The risk, obviously, is a rejection here and a move back down towards the 24634 range, maybe even testing yesterday's low. It's really about how much steam this current leg up has left. No crystal ball, just watching price action around that resistance zone.

31
HYr/futures·by u/haruto_y·2moAnalysis

DAX Reaching for 24800, but is it sustainable?

Watching the $DAX closely this week, particularly with the push towards the 24800-24870 range. We saw a nice move off the lows around 24547 earlier today, and the market seems intent on retesting the previous day's highs. My read is that this area around 24800-24870 presents a significant resistance zone. It's been a tough ceiling to crack on prior attempts, and the intraday momentum, while present, doesn't feel like it's got the conviction for a clean break out just yet. I'm seeing some exhaustion signals on shorter timeframes as it approaches these levels, suggesting potential for a pullback or consolidation.

The critical level for me, confirming further upside potential, would be a sustained break and hold above 24900. Without that, a failure to push past 24870 could easily see us drift back towards the 24650 area, potentially even retesting today's lows if sentiment sours. The risk to this perspective, obviously, is a strong positive catalyst, perhaps from external market news, that could fuel a genuine breakout. But purely from a technical standpoint, the immediate upside looks capped, and a rejection here wouldn't surprise me. Always staying nimble, as these markets can turn on a dime.

0
HWr/futures·by u/hugo.weber·2moAnalysis

Watching $CL around 68.50 - 69.00 support

It's been a rough few sessions for crude. We saw a pretty swift rejection from the 71.80 area yesterday, pushing us down to that 68.56 intraday low, which is still holding for now. This 68.50-69.00 zone has been important on a few occasions over the past month, acting as both resistance and support.

My current read is that if we can maintain above 68.50 on a daily close, we might see some stabilization and a potential bounce back towards 70.00-70.50. However, a decisive break and close below 68.50 would invalidate that scenario for me, opening the door for a move lower, possibly towards the 67.00 region. Inventory data and broader macro sentiment will obviously be key drivers here, but from a pure technical perspective, that 68.50 line in the sand is what I'm focused on for current positioning. I'm not looking for any aggressive moves either way until we see how this level holds.

5
CIr/futures·by u/citra39·3moAnalysis

Thoughts on Crude Oil (CL) Downtrend

Watching $CL closely today after the sharp drop. That break below the $70 mark is significant. I'm looking at $68.56, which was the day's low, as a key level. If we close below that on higher volume, it suggests this downtrend has more room to run, potentially testing the lower $60s.

The risk to this scenario, of course, is a quick reversal back above $70. If sellers can't maintain pressure and buyers step in aggressively around these levels, especially if we see a bounce off that $68.56 mark, then this could just be a deep retest rather than the start of a larger move down. Always tricky to call these reversals in real-time.

18
CHr/futures·by u/chloe65·3moAnalysis

$ES: Contemplating the 7392.95 High

Seeing $ES tap 7392.95 today has me scratching my head a bit. The push upwards feels strong, but that level, just shy of last week's resistance, looks like a pretty good spot for a potential reversal, especially if we can't decisively close above it by end of day. If we do punch through and hold above 7400, then my whole "top is in" thesis would be completely invalid, and I'd be looking for higher targets.

11
WZr/futures·by u/wei_zhao·3moAnalysis

$AMD - Watching the $525 Wall

Been looking at $AMD today, and it's holding up pretty well considering the broader market. That $525 level is proving to be a pretty stubborn ceiling. We've tapped it a few times and seen a decent rejection each time. It feels like a key resistance level that needs to be cleared for any significant upward momentum.

My current scenario has it consolidating here or pulling back slightly towards the $500-505 area before another attempt. The risk for this idea, obviously, is a strong push above $525. If it gets a clean break and holds, then my entire premise for this zone as resistance is out the window, and I'd be looking for continuation. Just my two cents.

17
NAr/futures·by u/nguyen_aquino·3moAnalysis

$NZDUSD - Watching that 0.5620-0.5630 Zone

Hey everyone,

I've been keeping a close eye on $NZDUSD lately, and it feels like we're approaching a pretty interesting area around the 0.5620-0.5630 zone. Looking at the daily, that level has acted as a decent pivot point in the past, bouncing us up a couple of times before. Today we touched 0.56263 at the low, which is right in that range. I'm curious if we'll see some buying interest step in there again or if this move has more legs down.

The scenario I'm leaning towards is a potential bounce from this area, perhaps finding some short-term support given the recent run down. If that zone holds, I'd be looking for a potential retest of 0.5650, maybe even 0.5660 if momentum picks up. However, the risk to this idea, for me, is a clear break and sustained close below 0.5620 on a daily basis. If we start closing firmly under that, then the previous support could flip to resistance, and we might be looking at a much deeper retracement. Just my initial thoughts, happy to hear what others are seeing.

5
OBr/futures·by u/oil_baron_raj·3moAnalysis

Watching the $BRL futures around 5.23-5.24

Hey everyone, been keeping an eye on $BRL futures lately and noticed something interesting around the 5.23-5.24 area. It seems to have acted as a pretty consistent resistance point on the daily chart for the past few sessions. We saw it poke above briefly today, hitting around 5.2396, but it didn't hold, currently trading closer to 5.2112.

My read on this is that if we get a decisive break and hold above 5.24 on a daily close, it could signal a potential shift in the near-term trend, opening up room to the upside. However, until then, that zone appears to be a ceiling. The risk to this perspective, of course, is any significant fundamental news out of Brazil or a major shift in broader EM sentiment. If it fails to even test that level again and starts to drift lower, then the current range might just hold or even see a move towards the 5.16 area again. Just my thoughts, curious to hear if others are seeing similar setups or have different interpretations.

54

มุมมอง $ES ใกล้ 7370

ส่วนตัวมองว่า $ES กำลังเข้าใกล้โซนที่ต้องระวังแถวๆ 7370 ซึ่งเป็นจุดที่เมื่อวันก่อนก็มีแรงขายลงมา ถ้าวันนี้เห็นราคาพยายามจะขึ้นไปทดสอบจุดนั้นอีกครั้ง แล้วไม่สามารถทะลุผ่านไปได้ อาจจะเห็นการย่อตัวลงมาได้เหมือนกันครับ จุดที่ต้องระวังว่ามุมมองนี้จะผิดก็คือถ้าเกิดมันทะลุ 7370 ขึ้นไปยืนเหนือได้ค่อนข้างแข็งแรง อันนั้นก็คงต้องปรับแผนกันใหม่ครับ

5
PIr/futures·by u/pieter54·3moAnalysis

Thoughts on $MSFT and that 370 level

Watching $MSFT today, that push above 370, specifically hitting 376.61, feels significant after the recent consolidation. It's not just a new high, but the conviction with which it happened, closing well above its previous resistance, suggests a potential continuation. My read is that if we can hold above 370-372 on any pullback, especially if it's shallow, the path of least resistance looks up. The risk to that view, obviously, would be a swift rejection back below that 370 mark and a daily close underneath it, which would suggest this breakout was a false one and we could see a retest of the lower range around 355.

0
MFr/futures·by u/marcus_fxUnited Kingdom·3moAnalysis

$SPX500 - Watching 7390-7400 Overhead

Been keeping an eye on $SPX500 futures today, specifically the overhead around 7390-7400. We touched 7392.95 earlier, so it's clearly a level that buyers struggled to push through with any conviction. It's not a hard resistance line in my book, more a zone where momentum stalled out previously. If we see a solid close above 7400 on higher volume, it could indicate further upside toward 7450-7470.

Conversely, a failure to reclaim that 7390-7400 area, especially if coupled with a break below today's low of 7294.18, would make me reconsider any bullish bias for the short term. The risk for a continued push higher is obviously a rejection from this zone, potentially sending us back towards 7300 or lower. It's a key spot to watch for direction.

0
PHr/futures·by u/pip_hunter_olaNigeria·3moAnalysis

AUDUSD: Monitoring the 0.6900 Level

Watching $AUDUSD closely around the 0.6900 mark. After the recent dip, it's trying to reclaim that level, which acted as support a few times last week. If it consolidates above 0.6900, especially after a couple of daily closes, it could indicate a potential move towards 0.6930-0.6950 resistance. However, a decisive break and hold below the current daily low of 0.68752 would invalidate that short-term view for me, suggesting more downside towards 0.6850 is likely. Just my read on the charts today, could be completely off.

5
TUr/futures·by u/tuanrahman·3moAnalysis

AUDUSD - Watching the 0.6875 retest

Been eyeing $AUDUSD today, specifically the retest of that 0.6875 low we saw earlier. It held up fairly well initially, bouncing off it, but the follow-through hasn't been convincing. It's now hovering just above it again at 0.68935.

The overall trend still feels down to me on the daily, and this level is a key one for continuation. If it breaks decisively below 0.6875 on sustained volume, I'd expect a push lower towards 0.6850 and possibly even 0.6820. The risk that invalidates this bearish tilt, at least in the short term, would be a strong reclaim of 0.6900 and then a move past today's high around 0.6913. That would suggest the buyers have stepped back in.

0
HCr/futures·by u/hana.chen·3moAnalysis

Watching AUD for a clear break or rejection

Been looking at $AUDUSD today, and the daily candle is really interesting right at the 0.0936 level. We saw that rejection off the 0.1028 high earlier in the session, and now we're basically retesting prior support that turned resistance. If we can get a clean break and hold above 0.0940, I'd be looking for a potential move back towards that 0.1028 area. The risk for that scenario, for me, is a decisive close below 0.0930 on the daily, which would suggest continued downside pressure and possibly a retest of 0.0911. Just my read, always keen to hear other perspectives on this one.

8
MSr/futures·by u/mller_sara·3moAnalysis

Thoughts on BAX Futures - Watch for Rejection at Upper End

Been looking at the $BAX futures chart today, and while it's up, the move feels a bit stretched. We're currently trading around 21.55, which is pushing the upper end of the daily range (21.235–21.7277). I'm seeing a potential for rejection if we can't sustain above 21.70. If it breaks decisively above that, then the short-term picture changes, and we could be looking at a push towards 22.00, but for now, I'm cautious. A close back under 21.40 would invalidate my view of this being a potentially exhausted move at these levels and signal a stronger underlying bid.

4
KKr/futures·by u/karimi_karim·3moAnalysis

Watching BA around 217.16 support

I'm keeping an eye on $BA this morning. We saw a dip down towards that 217.16 level, which seems to have held as intraday support. If it breaks decisively below that on any real volume, I'd consider my current short-term bullish outlook invalidated for now, and we might see a test of lower levels. It's tough to call right now, but that 217 area is key for me.

15
HUr/futures·by u/hugoschneider·3moAnalysis

Thoughts on N225 resistance after the run

Watching $N225 after that strong push. We're well past prior resistance at 69982.67 and even punched through 72000. Today's high of 72580.4 is putting us right up against a major long-term fib extension I've been tracking. I'm seeing some initial rejection there, which isn't surprising given the pace of the rally.

My concern is if we can't consolidate above 72000 in the next session or two. A swift move back below that level would indicate this push was more exhaustion than continuation, potentially setting up a deeper retracement. On the flip side, holding above 72000 could lead to testing new highs with more conviction.

0
MHr/futures·by u/milos_horvat·3moAnalysis

AUDJPY breaking down after N225 hit

Seeing $AUDJPY finally testing that 111.25 support area after the $N225 absolutely tanked today. If it breaks decisively below there, say 111.10 and holds, I'd expect a retest of the low 110s. The risk, obviously, is if it recaptures 111.40 and the NIKKEI finds some footing; then this whole setup is invalid and we're likely range-bound again.

0
LUr/futures·by u/lukanagy·3moAnalysis

BAX pushing resistance, but the bounce feels weak

Been watching $BAX a bit today and while it's up over 2% and trading around 21.55, the way it's hitting what looks like resistance around 21.70-21.75 feels a little unconvincing. It's had a good bounce off its lows from a couple of days ago, but the volume on this push isn't screaming conviction to me. I'd be looking for a clear break and hold above 21.75, maybe even 21.80, to get more constructive.

If it starts to falter here and drops back below, say, 21.20, then the whole bounce scenario might just be a retest of a prior breakdown, and I'd be less keen on it. Just my two cents looking at the intraday chart.

32
SFr/futures·by u/souza_felipe·3moAnalysis

NDX: Watching the 29K level closely

Hey everyone, just doing my usual scan and the $NDX is catching my eye today, sitting around 29220. It's been a bit choppy, with a daily range that bounced off 28963 and change. I'm really looking at that 29000-29050 area as a potential short-term support zone if we see any more downside pressure. The sellers seemed to push it down towards that region early on but couldn't quite break it convincingly during the session.

Now, if we start seeing a sustained break below that 28960-29000 level on decent volume, that would certainly invalidate the idea of any immediate bounce and suggest we could see further retracement. Conversely, if it holds and we get some momentum building back towards the 29500-29600 area, then the short-term picture starts to look a bit more constructive. Just my two cents, always gotta respect the market's decision.

6
NAr/futures·by u/naledi38·3moAnalysis

Thoughts on $AVAX's current range and potential breakdown

Watching $AVAX here, it's been consolidating in a fairly tight range between roughly 6.38 and 6.47 today after a few days of general weakness. I'm seeing it pressing that 6.38 support level pretty consistently now. If that level breaks convincingly, say a confirmed close or sustained trade below 6.35, I'd expect further downside toward the 6.20-6.25 area. The risk to that view, of course, is a bounce back above 6.40 with some volume, which would suggest the consolidation continues, or even a push back towards 6.50 and potentially negating the bearish pressure for now. No strong conviction yet, just observing how it reacts to this current support.