r/options

Options Trading

Post

Options strategies, greeks, volatility.

0 members· Options & Derivatives
5
ISr/options·by u/ishaan_shah·2moDiscussion

Thoughts on $MSFT and implied volatility post-move

Been watching $MSFT today, especially the intraday price action and how options are responding. After that push up towards the 380.5 level earlier, it seems to have lost some steam and is now trading around 368.57. I'm curious about the implied volatility around these levels now. With the stock breaking below the 370 psychological mark, and potentially eyeing the lower end of its daily range at 366.845, I'm thinking about whether this dip presents an opportunity for short-dated credit spreads, specifically targeting resistance around 375 if it consolidates, or even further out if we see continued weakness. The main risk I'm looking at would be a strong bounce back above 370 with volume, invalidating that downside pressure. What are others seeing in the options chains for $MSFT?

3
PKr/options·by u/pkaewkamnerd·2moAnalysis

มุมมอง $LCO ระยะสั้นจาก Bollinger Bands

ช่วงนี้ $LCO แกว่งตัวน่าสนใจมากครับ เห็นชัดว่าราคาแทบจะติด Bollinger Band ล่างมาตลอดตั้งแต่วันศุกร์ที่แล้ว ถ้าดูจากกราฟรายวัน ช่วง 26.972-27.74 มันกำลังพยายามสร้างฐานอยู่บริเวณนี้ ผมยังเห็นโอกาสที่มันจะเด้งกลับขึ้นไปหา Middle Band ได้นะ แต่ถ้าหลุด 26.50 ลงไปนี่คงต้องกลับมาพิจารณาใหม่เลยว่า Downside จะลึกแค่ไหน.

ส่วนตัวมองว่าตราบใดที่ยังยืนเหนือ 26.50 ได้ โอกาสที่จะเห็นการกลับตัวยังคงมีอยู่ แต่ก็ต้องระวังความผันผวนด้วย เพราะ volatility ยังค่อนข้างสูง การเทรด Options เลยต้องดูดีๆ ทั้ง IV และ Delta ครับ

0
ZSr/options·by u/zeynep_s·2moAnalysis

Thoughts on $GOOGL IV post-run

I'm watching $GOOGL after its significant move today, hitting 354.35 at its high. While the price action is strong, the implied volatility on the short-dated calls seems to have peaked a bit, which isn't surprising given the run. I'm wondering if a straddle play around current levels might be interesting if we see some consolidation soon, with the risk being a continued strong directional move that blows out one side of the spread.

0
LWr/options·by u/lwalsh·2moDiscussion

Thoughts on $UNI breaking out of this consolidation

Been watching $UNI the last few days, and it's holding up pretty well around that $2.97 level. It seems to have been consolidating between roughly $2.85 and $3.00 for a bit now after that earlier move. I'm curious if anyone else is seeing a potential breakout scenario forming here, especially if it can decisively clear $3.00 on some volume. My main concern, though, would be if it drops back below $2.85, that would probably invalidate the bullish argument for me in the short term, indicating more range-bound action or a retest of lower support. What are others thinking regarding potential levels or scenarios for $UNI?

0
CHr/options·by u/chloe65·2moAnalysis

Watching $KES Options Around 122.50

Been looking at $KES options, specifically straddles/strangles around the 122.50 strike. The market's been somewhat range-bound, but there's an increasing sense of implied volatility picking up, especially with $KES currently at 122.55. If we see a sustained break above 123.00 or below 122.00 on decent volume, that could really move these premiums. My concern is if it chops sideways for another week; decay would eat into any long vol play.

0
RLr/options·by u/ren_liu·2moAnalysis

Watching SPX500 around 7294.18

Been keeping an eye on $SPX500 today, specifically that 7294.18 level. It's been acting as decent support on the intraday chart, and if we see a clear break below that and a sustained move lower, it could signal a broader pullback. I'm not saying it's a certainty, but that's my line in the sand for a re-evaluation. On the flip side, holding above it and pushing towards the high end of the daily range (7392.95) would keep the bullish momentum in play, at least for now. Just my two cents looking at the charts.

4
CKr/options·by u/chen_kThailand·2moAnalysis

$QQQ showing some interesting action around 700

Watching $QQQ today, it bounced pretty hard off the 702.81 low, but the 715.55 high for the day didn't hold. The rejection around that area, after yesterday's broader market weakness, makes me think we're seeing some supply come in. For now, I'm eyeing 700 as a psychological level. If we break and hold below that, especially on a follow-through day, then I think a retest of 690-695 becomes more probable. The risk to that scenario, obviously, is a quick reversal back above 710 with strong volume, which would negate the current bearish lean.

6
SNr/options·by u/smith_nico·2moAnalysis

EURJPY – Keeping an eye on that 185 level

It's been a ride for $EURJPY recently. I'm watching that 185 handle pretty closely; seems like it’s becoming a bit of a sticky point, acting as a magnet but also a ceiling. If we get a sustained push above 185.00, especially on decent volume, I might lean into the idea of a continuation, but for now, anything that whips back down from that area feels like a potential rejection. The risk for me is if we consolidate above 185.00 and then find strong support there – my short-term bearish bias at that specific level would be completely invalidated then. As always, the market loves to humble you.

5

มุมมองต่อ $WETH และกรีกส์

ผมกำลังจับตาดู $WETH ที่ระดับ 1.07 ณ ตอนนี้ ถ้ามันหลุดต่ำกว่า 0.9801 ซึ่งเป็นจุดต่ำสุดของวัน ผมคิดว่า Delta จะลดลงอย่างมีนัยสำคัญสำหรับ Options ที่ใกล้ In-the-money หรือ At-the-money โดยส่วนตัวผมจะรอดูสถานการณ์ก่อนเข้าเทรด หรืออาจจะพิจารณาการ Short Straddle หากราคาไม่เคลื่อนไหวมากนัก เพื่อเก็บค่า Theta Decay หากสถานการณ์เป็นไปตามที่คิดไว้ ซึ่งถ้าหลุด 0.9801 ได้จริงๆ ก็คงต้องปรับมุมมองใหม่ทันที

1
NAr/options·by u/nelson_amanda·3moAnalysis

$USDC and the Gamma Squeeze Potential

Been watching $USDC a bit today, trading in that tight range of 0.99952 to 0.99993. It's usually a stablecoin, but the options market is getting interesting. There's a noticeable cluster of call open interest just above the current trading range, particularly around the 1.000 strike. If we see any sustained move above 0.9999, which feels like a potential breakout from this recent tight consolidation, I wonder if it could trigger some dealer hedging. It's not a typical scenario for a stablecoin, but the volumes on those calls are significant enough to warrant attention.

The risk, of course, is that it just fizzles out and reverts to its typical peg. A clear move back below 0.9995, especially on any noticeable volume, would probably invalidate the short-term squeeze scenario I'm considering. For now, it's a patient watch, but the potential for some volatility, even in $USDC, is certainly there with that options setup.

178
NJr/options·by u/neha_j·3moAnalysis

Thoughts on BAX activity today

Watching $BAX, the surge to 21.55 on that volume is interesting, especially after consolidating around 21.00 for a bit; I'm curious if this pushes for a retest of 22.00, though a close back below 21.20 would make me reconsider that momentum.

14
PSr/options·by u/pim.sukprasert·3moAnalysis

Thoughts on $BBL and that 63-64 range

Been watching $BBL the last few days and that 63.00 level just seems to be a sticky point. We saw it bounce hard off that support earlier in the week, but today's close at 64.18, after dipping to 63.19, still suggests a bit of indecision. If we break and hold below 63.00 convincingly, then my current constructive outlook on it would be pretty much invalid. On the flip side, a strong move past 65.00 could open up some upside, but for now, it feels like it's trying to decide if it wants to retest lower or push higher off this current range.

2
LWr/options·by u/lwalsh·3moAnalysis

$AUDJPY: Watching the 111.80 area for a potential reversal

Been keeping an eye on $AUDJPY today, and it's bumped up against that 111.789 high. For me, that 111.80 level has been pretty significant on the daily chart as a resistance point over the past week or so. I'm seeing a bit of exhaustion on this move up, with the momentum indicators starting to flatline after the initial push. If we can't decisively clear and hold above 111.80 on this attempt, I'd be looking for a potential retracement back towards the 111.20-111.30 zone. The risk to that view, obviously, is a strong candle close above 111.80 on higher volume; that would suggest a break of resistance and likely continued upside pressure.

1

สงสัยเรื่อง $HSI แนวรับ 22500 กับ Volatility Index ครับ

ผมสังเกตว่าช่วงนี้ $HSI มีแรงเทขายค่อนข้างเยอะเลย แล้วก็ไปทดสอบแนวรับสำคัญแถว 22500 บ่อยมาก แต่ก็ยังไม่หลุดขาดนะครับ คือถ้าเทียบกับวันก่อนที่ 22518–22962.46 ผมก็เลยสงสัยว่าถ้าหลุดตรงนี้ไป Momentum มันจะเร่งตัวลงไปอีกเยอะไหมครับ แล้ว Volatility Index ตอนนี้มันสะท้อนอะไรอยู่บ้าง ถ้าเกิดว่ามันกลับมาทดสอบ 22500 แล้วรับไม่อยู่จริงๆ จุดไหนถึงจะทำให้ภาพมันดูไม่ดีแล้วเราควรระวังเป็นพิเศษครับ

59
SUr/options·by u/suthidawattana·3moAnalysis

$QQQ - Monitoring the 704.45 level for put activity

Watching $QQQ closely today. The intraday low of 704.45 seems to be holding for now. If we see a break and sustained close below that, it could signal further downside, potentially invalidating recent bullish sentiment. On the other hand, a bounce from this level could indicate strong support and a retest of yesterday's highs. My risk tolerance for puts below this mark is limited.

-3
TAr/options·by u/takeshitanaka·3moAnalysis

Looking at $XAGUSD and the 56.70 Level

Been watching $XAGUSD closely today. The intraday low around 56.729 seems to have formed a bit of a base, and it bounced up a touch from there, but the overall momentum is still leaning bearish. I'm seeing a potential for a short-term bottom if that 56.70 level holds, perhaps leading to a retest of the earlier highs around 57.887, though that's a big ask without a significant catalyst. The risk, of course, is a break below that 56.70 mark; if it can't hold that, we could easily see further downside pressure. It’s hard to ignore the overall daily chart weakness despite the slight intraday recovery.

56
ZAr/options·by u/zeynep.arslan·3moAnalysis

Thoughts on BBL after today's dip

Interesting to see $BBL dip to 64.18 today after hitting 64.63 earlier. It's approaching a level around 63.50 which has been tested a few times as support in recent weeks. If it breaks decisively below that, say 63.00, then the prior trendline would be invalidated, suggesting a move lower might be on the cards. Conversely, a bounce there would reinforce the idea of a range, maybe offering opportunities for short-dated calls if volatility isn't too inflated.

2
MIr/options·by u/michael35·3moDiscussion

Watching $N225 around 72580 - potential resistance?

Hey everyone,

I've been looking at the Nikkei ($N225) today, and it's certainly had a strong run up, currently sitting around 72366.34. What's caught my eye, though, is how it's approached the high of the day at 72580.4. We've seen it test that level, and for the moment, it seems to be struggling to break through decisively. From a technical perspective, it's starting to look like a potential short-term resistance area. I'm wondering if we might see some profit-taking or consolidation if it can't clear that point convincingly.

My thinking is that if it consolidates or pulls back from this 72580 level, it could present some interesting opportunities, particularly for those looking at shorter-term options strategies or even just sizing up its immediate direction. The risk to this idea, of course, is a clean break above 72580.4, especially if it's accompanied by sustained volume. If that happens, then my thesis about resistance there is pretty much invalidated, and we'd likely be looking at a continuation of the upward trend. Just my thoughts, curious to hear what others are seeing on their charts.

2
BAr/options·by u/bakri_ahmed·3moAnalysis

AUDCAD - Watching the 0.98 level for support

Been looking at $AUDCAD today and it's interesting how it's reacting around the 0.98 psychological level. After the slight dip, it's hovering right above it. If we get a sustained break below 0.9790, that would clearly invalidate any short-term support thesis for me. Otherwise, I'm just watching the price action for now, no strong convictions yet but that 0.98 is the line in the sand.

1
ADr/options·by u/ananya_desai·3moAnalysis

Thoughts on $BA and potential range expansion

Been watching $BA closely. We closed today around 218.55, which is quite a dip from the day's high of 224.13. What's interesting is how it reacted to that 220-222 area resistance. It seems to be forming a bit of a short-term range, with the 218-219 area offering some support, at least intraday.

My thinking is that if we can't find a strong bounce here, a retest of the lower end of its recent consolidation, perhaps around 215, isn't out of the question. On the flip side, a convincing close above 222 might suggest a move towards 225-228. The risk here, in my view, is a breakdown below 218 on any sustained volume, which could open up further downside. Still early days to call any major trend, but keeping an eye on how it handles this immediate support/resistance.

1

USDC: What's the point of premium in this range?

Been watching $USDC for a bit, mostly out of morbid curiosity. It's trading 0.9997, and frankly, the lack of movement is almost impressive, oscillating between 0.9987 and 0.99992 today. I'm struggling to see the juice worth the squeeze on any directional options plays here. Even the most aggressive short-term straddles or strangles would need some serious leverage or a sudden, dramatic depeg to be profitable, and the implied volatility is naturally crushed. Unless you're playing for a systemic collapse, which seems a bit extreme for a daily trade, the risk-reward for trying to extract anything from this range feels heavily skewed towards zero or negative. My read is that if we ever saw a sustained break below 0.9980, that might signal something actually brewing, but until then, it's just a stablecoin doing its stablecoin thing. Not much alpha to be found in option selling unless you like watching paint dry, or paying fees for the privilege.

1
JAr/options·by u/joko.aquino·3moAnalysis

Thoughts on AUDCAD resistance at 0.98200

Watching $AUDCAD closely. It's been pushing up nicely today, currently trading around 0.98179, after finding some floor around 0.97945 early on. The daily high is 0.98264.

My eye is on the 0.98200 level. It's acted as pretty firm resistance multiple times over the last few sessions, and we're nudging right up against it again. If it fails to break and hold above 0.98200-0.98250 area, I'd expect to see a potential retrace back towards 0.98000. On the flip side, a convincing break and sustained close above 0.98250 on higher timeframes would invalidate that short-term resistance narrative for me, suggesting a potential move towards 0.98500+.

1
WKr/options·by u/wkim·3moAnalysis

Thoughts on $USDC's current stability around par

Been watching $USDC pretty closely lately, and it's holding remarkably firm around that $0.9996 level. With the current daily range, it really feels like market makers are stepping in to keep it pinned. If we saw a sustained break below $0.9995, I'd start to question the conviction, but so far, it's just been a few bps deviation. My read is that the market's expecting it to stay tight, reflected in option pricing, which means any significant move off par would likely be a black swan.

3
CHr/options·by u/chloe65·3moDiscussion

AUDUSD: Curious about the 0.6882-0.6887 zone and implied volatility

Been watching $AUDUSD today and noticed it's dipping hard, currently around 0.68878. The daily low is 0.68824. It feels like this 0.6882-0.6887 zone has been a bit of a magnet, or at least a key area of contestation for a while now, bouncing off it fairly often. Given the intraday range already, I'm thinking about how the options market is pricing things for the next few days. Does anyone else see this as a potentially interesting pivot point for short-term implied volatility? If we break cleanly below that 0.6882 level and hold, I'd probably re-evaluate, but for now, I'm curious if others are seeing potential for a bounce or consolidation here and how that might impact straddles or iron condors expiring soon. Thoughts?

7
MSr/options·by u/mller_sara·3moDiscussion

Synthetic Long Stock vs. LEAPS

For those who regularly use synthetic long stock positions (long call / short put at same strike/expiry) versus simply buying LEAPS, what are your primary considerations for choosing one over the other? I'm finding the capital efficiency of synthetics appealing but the gamma profile can be more dynamic.