Scaling out vs. full exit on EURUSD trades – your rationale?
Been looking at how some of you manage trades, particularly on $EURUSD. I get the idea of scaling out to lock in profits or reduce risk, especially when you hit a strong resistance/support level. My struggle is deciding when to scale out versus just holding for a full target or cutting the whole thing. It feels like I'm leaving money on the table sometimes, or giving back too much when I scale out too early and price continues in my favor. How do you guys decide? Is it purely technical, or more about your daily risk exposure?
I've found scaling out to be beneficial when the market gets choppy or indecisive around a key level, allowing me to take some profit off the table. However, if the momentum is strong and clear, I often prefer to hold for a full exit to maximize the move. It really depends on the price action around those resistance/support points.